↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Tdi > Living With A 200 tdi
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
My mum and dad, went from a jeep lib to the 200 Tdi, yes a massive step back compared to the toys that had, They have never looked back (but we will not got down that route Laughing ) My mum uses it as a daily driver to work and back, and she loves it. They have gone up to Scotland, a few times with a caravan and its never missed a beat, I will get their feed back on you question. They seem to be a bit of a rare one to get hold of, and decent ones are like rocky horse Censored , when I was looking for a defender.
But as the lads say best to look at a few and test drive, and may I say even have a test drive of the 300 Tdi just as another option Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #749509 6th Jan 2019 2:08am
Jeremy996

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 110 200 Tdi CSW Baltic Blue
I have owned my 1989 110CSW since 2005 and it had a big rebuild finished in 2011, http://www.jeremymedwards.co.uk. I do about 20k per year, with a lot of miles on the A1, A14 and M1.

Click image to enlarge

I love it dearly but it is not without issues.

The heater is not great, not helped by a dieselveg heat exchanger stealing heat for the cooking oil.
It's noisy, my D90 NA is very civilised in comparison.
Some bits are getting rare; I needed a replacement cylinder head and there are no new ones available and many of the available second hand ones need a pressure test and a full rebuild.

I have other issues around poor paint, rotten doors and a rusting bulkhead, the next rebuild will address these with a side order of Dynamat and seat heaters!
Post #755977 3rd Feb 2019 5:08pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah that's another thing that I should have flagged up some of the bits are no longer about now, which I think is rather odd ball due to the fact how popular the 200 is! also for the MPG i have to say compared to my parents 200 and mine ( the 300) the 200 is more eco. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #760487 23rd Feb 2019 11:17pm
Fatboy Slim

Wales 
Still run a 200 90 daily and have done for the last 12 odd years. Disco transfer box is a must if you're planning on doing any distance (same mod I've done on every defender I've ever owned) perfectly useable and 100% reliable. People used to laugh at me taking a 20odd year old 90 abroad instead of the D3 I had at the time but at least I knew it would get me there and back. Slightly more expensive to keep on the road than a 300 (injectors are far more expensive for example) but they're good solid beasts. So much bso I'm rebuilding another to keep as an additional vehicle
Post #760832 26th Feb 2019 12:48pm
windy81

Wales 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Firenze Red
Currently running the 200tdi after total rebuild. Currently getting 35mpg which i'm stoked about tbh.

It's not an everyday car, but I wish i could justify banging down the motorways with it but i can't. I do love driving it, it's an experience all of itself.
Post #761987 5th Mar 2019 8:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12