↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > TD5 injector wiring harness.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Zinke

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Well ive cleaned the plugs out many times now and still got some problems. Ive checked the air flow meter and there is no oil there, not got round to checking the other plugs yet, will do that tomorrow. Looks like i may end up fitting a new engine loom if it doesnt clear up soon. I took the lid off the ECU and there wasnt any trace of anything there at all, waste of time really but curiosity got the better of me. There was some oil in the blue plug too so cleaned that out today so hopefully will make some difference. Guess the injector loom will be added to the service items that shouldnt really be service items list, so far thats the air flow meter and now the injector loom. On the plus side if i do need a new engine loom it doesnt look too hard to fit.
Post #72639 25th May 2011 1:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Paul_1978

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Zermatt Silver
If you have a wiring diagram, you can check for resistance across each injector, you never know one may be knacked.

Just need a multimeter and a bit of wire to put into the ECU socket to touch the pins.

If the injector reads ok at the injector head, but not ok in the cab, its the wiring, otherwise its the injector.
Some people have replaced the lot and still had the original problem.

I Censored around with this as i had just changed the wiring to the injectors (dident have a problem then by the way, just after I changed it!!), and it was a dodgy connection on the fuel pump relay.
Post #72655 25th May 2011 8:38am
Steve B

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
What problems have you got? Maybe it is not even related to the loom?

Steve
Post #72682 25th May 2011 12:59pm
Zinke

Steve B wrote:
What problems have you got? Maybe it is not even related to the loom?

Steve

Random misfire, worst when cold. Some random slight power loss. Red ECU plug was full of engine oil as well as the blue header plug. So far i have changed the injector loom and cleaned all connections many times.
Post #72822 25th May 2011 11:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Steve B

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
I had a random misfire, albeit at higher revs. Turned out to be the fuel pump relay loose in its connection..
Post #72839 26th May 2011 7:32am
Zinke

All checked. At higher revs it never misses a beat. Im quite good with the TD5 and know most of the normal problems, i just like picking peoples brains to see what things ive over looked or not thought about.
Post #72992 26th May 2011 11:18pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Crank position sensor? dirty or worn on the end (there's the shim that's fitted to move it further away from the flywheel) or just on its way out?
Post #73011 27th May 2011 7:49am
Zinke

diesel_jim wrote:
Crank position sensor? dirty or worn on the end (there's the shim that's fitted to move it further away from the flywheel) or just on its way out?

Would that be worse when its cold than when its warm? The problem is much worse on start up, once you drive its not nearly as noticeable.
Post #73150 28th May 2011 1:22am
changill

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
As its worse when cold is it something related to the Air Inlet temp, engine coolant temp or fuel temp?

Only throwing thoughts out there as I don't know the ins and outs of the ECU Fuel Strategy at low temps.

Chan Only Alcohol Can Save me Now

Nanocom Available in the North West
Post #73735 1st Jun 2011 1:05pm
Zinke

Still go the misfire and still got oil coming out the plug, looks like i may end up fitting a engine wiring loom Sad
Post #74767 7th Jun 2011 11:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12