↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Modified 9 x 9 Tent, Safari/Overland friendly.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
foxhound

United Kingdom 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Alpine White
[For Sale] Modified 9 x 9 Tent, Safari/Overland friendly.
For sale is a modified 9 x 9 Mk II ex-British Army command post/shelter tent canvas only. The frame is not included but I
should be able to find one for the buyer from a contact at extra cost. Included is a full issued white tent liner (roof and walls ---makes the tent warmer in the winter and light inside) . I am not selling the gazebo on a spare extended 9x9 frame, nor my land rover, trailer, roof tent or dogs!

I had the tent canvas modified (at a cost of £450 by Exeter Tarpaulins) to make it more user-friendly for off road camping as I no longer need the tactical features of blackout screens and small windows etc.

The modifications include:
Stitching up the doors at both ends and fitting large glass-clear windows; the canvas is a contrasting dark khaki which is in keeping with the olive green but less military to look at. At one end the khaki panel rolls up with black zips fitted as you can see
Increasing the size of the windows on the long sides similar to the above
Removing the blackout curtain
Adding 2 HD zips one long side ---it can roll up as shown. 1 zip has an arch at the top creating a side-door if the side is left down.
Velcro ties to secure the canvas to the frame legs when the long side is rolled up.
Big steel D-rings for storm guy at the apex of both ends.
This is a great tent for sleeping, cooking, day-room etc - but now surplus to requirements. If you have a 9 x 9 then try this on your existing frame.

Buyer to collect from RG9 area or arrange courier collection - i can pack for shipment.

Looking for £450

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 110 Defender 300tdi & Penman trailer with ally exped top and roof tent
Post #745228 11th Dec 2018 8:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1