Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] SOLD ON EBAY GORDIGEAR ROOF TENT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
foxhound

United Kingdom 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Alpine White
[For Sale] SOLD ON EBAY GORDIGEAR ROOF TENT
call to chat - 07717 461972

Change of circumstance and need forces sale of my Gordigear roof tent. I've had a hannibal before and this is light years ahead in terms of design thought and quality --every part can be replaced easily. See a tent buyer's guide here

It's the large 1.65m wide size explorer plus, spec is here http://www.gordigear.com/roof_tents/ext_roof_tent.php?l=en
Full Spec:

· entrance completely roofed by extended fly sheet
· optional annex zips onto extended fly sheet, space for 2 more tosleep (or use for kitchen/sitting room)
· 80mm high-density foam mattress
· made from high quality, breathable, waterproof and mould resistant poly-cotton ripstop fabric
· superior waterproofing capabilities (rated 10000mm water column)
· double stitched and taped seams with German-made, high-quality Amann thread
· flexible mounting - entrance can be mounted either to the side orthe back of the car
· lightweight aluminium sandwich floor construction for superiorstrength and insulation
· front and back entrances with separately zipped mosquito nets and entrance covers
· raised fly sheet provides shade and ventilation to cool down the sleeping area
· tent construction allows for bedding to be left inside the tentwhen travelling
· telescopic ladder adjusts to different car heights (optionalladder extension available for heights > 2m)
· ladder with flat rungs can be climbed with bare feet
· all structural parts are made from aluminium, leading to animproved indoor climate without rotting or moulding compared to wooden materials
· heavy duty 1000D PVC travel cover with zip protects your tent fromrain and dirt (also keeps air resistance at a minimum while driving)
· bungee cord folding aid pulls in the side walls when collapsing the tent
· two additional insect screened vents improve the overall ventilation
· midge-proof mosquito mesh
· four internal storage pockets to keep all your essentials handy
· mattress has removable cover
· PVC mattress protector prevents moisture from being drawn into the tent
· two velcro-sealed cable inlets (very useful for devices powered from within your car)
· The 165cm wide model (ERT16) is designed to sleep up to three adults.

The photo is of the tent in Australia -- it was used on a few 1-2 week family holidays so is little used and in VGC. I bought it back from oz with me (i lived there for a while) and it has not been used since shipping. It has the mattress, mattress protector, window spring steels etc; it's complete. it's about 2 years old and has been kept in dry storage apart from a few weeks use.

Buyer to collect from Henley/Nettlebed/Reading area. The mounting rails on the underside are set up to mount the tent as a side opener on roof bars that go lengthways along the vehicle or rear opener on bars across the vehicle (rails have sliding plates and M8 bolts in them). Additional rails are available to switch tent orientation by 90 degrees. Buyer will need to chat with me about roof bar width as you might need to get some plates cut to fit your rig on collection (my plates suit flat dog/front runner type 'planks').

You can also buy the annex from Gordigear Europe and the last photo shows the same tent with an annex in use (but I dont have an annex to sell).

UK retail price is £1405 at current exchange rates, + a bit over £120 shipping. I'm looking for £969.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

110 Defender 300tdi & Penman trailer with ally exped top and roof tent

Last edited by foxhound on 6th May 2019 2:27pm. Edited 7 times in total
Post #745214 11th Dec 2018 7:57pm
claydiggermud

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Tamar Blue
Hi is the tent still for sale regards simon
Post #747372 26th Dec 2018 1:01pm
foxhound

yes Simon, still for sale. a local buyer defaulted before christmas 110 Defender 300tdi & Penman trailer with ally exped top and roof tent
Post #747402 26th Dec 2018 5:05pm
Pearce95

United Kingdom 
foxhound wrote:
yes Simon, still for sale. a local buyer defaulted before christmas

Hi Foxhound, I have just signed up purely to speak to you about this tent as I am looking to purchase one. (I am a Jeep owner lol)

The good news is I am very close to you, I am based just outside of High Wycombe nearer to Marlow.

Anyway before I go to far, is this still for sale?

Secondly do you have any further details regarding condition? I know you said very good condition and only used a few times but overall is there any rips, signs of heavy wear etc...?
Does it smell damp or anything from being stored so long?
Any chance I could see it fully opened?

Please note I cannot send PM's due to my post count.

Thanks,

Jack.
Post #752867 21st Jan 2019 8:26pm
foxhound

Hi Jack

Yes still for sale, although one person from local paper ad is due to come around. No signs of wear, just some external dirt on the cover which is unmarked and will likely clean off completely with some warm water and soap. Come and have a look at it opened.

My other tent was closed for 9 months and a days airing made it as new so I expect this will be the same - if we get a dry day I'll air it before you come around.

my tel is 07717 461972 e jeremy@tozerofdevon.net

do you have front to rear or side to side bars on your jeep? you may or may not need to change the rails on the underside by 90 degrees and I can hook you up with franz if you need new rails to fit. roof bars and some heavy duty straps will suffice on collection.

best
jerry 110 Defender 300tdi & Penman trailer with ally exped top and roof tent
Post #752874 21st Jan 2019 8:43pm
foxhound

[For Sale] [For Sale] Gordigear top of the range roof tent
See

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic65077...t=foxhound

and call me on 07717 461972 110 Defender 300tdi & Penman trailer with ally exped top and roof tent
Post #770176 26th Apr 2019 11:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1