↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Brit-Car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rallysteve

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Keswick Green
Brit-Car
Have ordered quite a few parts from Brit-Car recently. They are not always the cheapest but their parts search is superb, shows superseding part numbers and usually at least 3-4 suppliers/brands for parts including listing them as (aftermarket, OEM or genuine). Pictures seem to be online for most parts in quite high def so you can be sure what your looking for. Their live help is also very good with customer service and also technical enquires.

I today had a package delivered with bearings/seals etc for my front axle rebuild. Sadly the diff gasket wasn't very well packaged in the box and the weight of the other parts had creased and torn it. A bit frustrating but 10mins spent on the online help and they are sending me a replacement straight away, apologised straight away and were even concerned about whether I needed the parts for this weekend (offering DPD 24hr if I did as they couldn't guarantee Royal Mail would arrive in time)!

They apologised about the damaged gasket and said it does happen sometimes when someone has packaged things without thinking too much. It is quite obvious however that ordering fairly heavy substantial parts which are oddly shaped along with fragile parts must be quite tricky!

So I can thoroughly recommend them to all!

Steve 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread
84' 90 3.9 V8 Caged Pickup Build Thread

Mobile Diesel Heater Build Thread
Post #363382 9th Oct 2014 3:22pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Good to know as I've just ordered a couple of bits from them Thumbs Up
Post #363397 9th Oct 2014 4:05pm
Anderzander

United Kingdom 
I've bought a lot from them over the years and they've been consistently excellent.
Post #363404 9th Oct 2014 4:34pm
mk1collector

Hmmm Neutral I've just checked on my delivery time (when I paid for the 24 hour service) and my parts will now be delivered on the 6th day after purchase Rolling Eyes
Post #363601 10th Oct 2014 3:18pm
rallysteve

Did you make sure they were stocked items though? It does say on each item stock levels or if they have to order?

To close out my first comment, my replacemet gasket arrived today properly packaged in less than 24hrs since I contacted them. 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread

Post #363630 10th Oct 2014 6:21pm
mk1collector

They sent me the message saying when it was going to be delivered so I checked in when it didn't arrive and I'm waiting another few days apparently Big Cry and it was going to be my Sunday job as the weather looks good Evil or Very Mad
Post #363714 11th Oct 2014 12:38am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Sadly my experience is different. I had a very poorly made wiper spindle adapter sent, had to post it back for inspection, was eventually sent another but never had my return postage refunded for the faulty item.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #363754 11th Oct 2014 9:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rallysteve

I would like to totally reverse my opinion of the above mentioned supplier. After many successful orders I have finally needed to return a faulty item.

So far this has been a total nightmare with them messing up the process which has so far resulted in having parted company with approx £350 in parts and surcharge. They received the return weeks ago and have heard nothing despite chasing a number of times. Today I find they will have to return it (to LR) a second time which will likely take another 2-3weeks. This is entirely due to their own error which they bitterly deny despite it being obvious.

They now say they wont refund me for it either, unfortunately for them I have kept all information and will no doubt shortly be exercising my rights to refund as it was delivered to me and returned to them within the 30day window of the consumer rights act.

I may update further depending on how this progresses..... 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread

Post #727153 4th Sep 2018 3:35pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Regardless of what LR say, your warranty lies with Brit-Car.

If you paid by PayPal, you can open a dispute with them.
Proof of postage for return is key.
Even if you sent them back a rotten apple, as long as you have a tracking number and proof of destination, PayPal will reward you a refund.
Post #727165 4th Sep 2018 5:53pm
rallysteve

Thanks, did indeed pay via paypal! I may well take this as the easiest option.

The guy i spoke to was totally unhelpful and willing to say anything to divert blame!

Cheers
Steve 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread

Post #727168 4th Sep 2018 6:28pm
rallysteve

To close this out. Received my refund today (3 months after returning the part and 4 months after original purchase).

Despite numerous phone calls, emails etc. Took a recorded delivery letter stating the amount owed, a deadline for payment and threatening to pursue legal action. Looked up the details of their director via companies house and sent the letter directly to him.

Magically an email within 24 hrs of them receiving the letterq with my refund and phone call to give me one last bit of bulls##t that they had conveniently just received confimation from Land Rover that the part was faulty! Bit of a coincidence that that coincided with my letter after 1/4year of waiting.

Stupid really that after me spending £ks with them over the past 5 years that they have driven this situation over less than £350. Its fair to say i will never buy from them again. 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread

Post #742552 27th Nov 2018 5:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1