↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Added noise killer and a few extras
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
galawaygreen

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Added noise killer and a few extras
Hi had my noise killer insulation fitted today, and it's a different car, soooooooooooo quite.

Would recommend it, also fitted my mud riser bars only thing with these is the extra leg space is a godsend but when your 6'6" the extra height is a pain, still the two best things I have done so far.

Also fit the 12v socket in the back this took all of 5 mins today thanks for the posts on this.
Thumbs Up
Post #72493 24th May 2011 2:30pm
BruceT

South Africa 
PLease tell me more about the insulation how and where was it fitted.

Thank you.
Post #72511 24th May 2011 3:37pm
galawaygreen

The product is called noise killer and is from Manchester England.
All the panels are pre cut with adhesive on the rear you peel paper of and stick it on.
Quite easy guess the station wagon is more ackward but still not rocket science !!!

Diffence is very noticeable not sure if avialable world wide but have a look at there web site, just google noise killer.

Cheers
Post #72525 24th May 2011 4:15pm
BruceT

South Africa 
great thank you.
Post #72526 24th May 2011 4:17pm
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
we had ours done last year very good worth the money 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #72532 24th May 2011 4:42pm
AlpenAndes

Austria 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Belize Green
I put noisekiller in my 110, it made a big difference, particularly as I have no carpet. Recently I fit some 10 mm soft and light cotton made sheets into the doors and the roof. Made another big difference again and is cheaper than the heavy noisekiller materials which most propably would have issues to stick to the vertical doors. 15mm would fit as well and as the doors and roof is flat and square it is easy to apply. The guys from noisekiller send the stuff abroad as well, it is just a matter of price, you find the contact details on their homepage.

BR
Oskar
Post #72556 24th May 2011 7:18pm
flying_low

Kenya 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
Re: Added noise killer and a few extras
galawaygreen wrote:
Hi had my noise killer insulation fitted today, and it's a different car, soooooooooooo quite.

Would recommend it, also fitted my mud riser bars only thing with these is the extra leg space is a godsend but when your 6'6" the extra height is a pain, still the two best things I have done so far.

Also fit the 12v socket in the back this took all of 5 mins today thanks for the posts on this.
Thumbs Up

Hi, sorry for the hassle but could you point me to the posts re: 12v socket fitting in the back? really need to do this and any advise much appreciated..?
Cheers.. 2011 110 Tdci
1982 Range Rover V8 Classic (Gone)
Post #73105 27th May 2011 6:41pm
dgardel

Italy 
galawaygreen wrote:

Thumbs Up

what type of Nisekiller kit has fitted? front, rear or both? Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #73136 27th May 2011 10:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
galawaygreen

flying_low wrote:
galawaygreen wrote:

Thumbs Up

Hi, sorry for the hassle but could you point me to the posts re: 12v socket fitting in the back? really need to do this and any advise much appreciated..?
Cheers..

Hi,

It's really easy right hand speaker driver side (uk) remove the 3 plastic screws using the right bit and lift out the speaker housing or just unscrew the speaker and take it out.
Behind is a t connector already in place you just connect a 12v socket and away you go, I drilled the hole with a 16mm tank cutter whole job took 5 min Thumbs Up
Post #73138 27th May 2011 11:11pm
galawaygreen

dgardel wrote:
galawaygreen wrote:

Thumbs Up

what type of Nisekiller kit has fitted? front, rear or both?

Hi fitted front and rear, they no longer put it in the doors or so the chap said.
Post #73140 27th May 2011 11:12pm
rossy

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
I have been dealing with the noisekiller people for about 12 years now. All my previous cars have had their kits.They have always been very helpful too.

Can't wait to start shoving the spacelayer between the carpets, breaking most of the plastic clips, squashing it all back into place with cuts all over your arms - bliss !
Post #73143 27th May 2011 11:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1