↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Swap] F150 + Grand Cherokee + Cash for Defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
1963bus

United Kingdom 
[Swap] F150 + Grand Cherokee + Cash for Defender
Hi all, been ages since been on here but no Defender kept me away!

I have a hankering for another Whistle bit of a long shot really but it's the fastest way I can think of doing things.

Copy of ad for F-150, so far sold it twice for £7k and got messed with both times, well told the last one to f**k off Evil or Very Mad

Ford F-150 pickup truck in gleaming red paint that's almost unmarked!
This truck was brought over in 2008 and stored covering just a couple of hundred miles a year prior to MOT tests.
The underside of the truck still has factory labels stuck to it and overall condition is better than most 3 year old trucks.
Just gone through MOT again so full years ticket and drives faultlessly, only for sale as I don't use it enough, I promised myself last year I was going to use it lot's and only managed 2000 miles between MOT's : (
So trucks a 2002 with only 64000 miles on the clock!
Fitted with a 4.2L petrol V6 that driven carefully will give you back mid 20's mpg.
Aluminium wheels with BFG All Terrains with like new tread depth.
£1500 rear bed cover that's both secure and watertight. beds dry and goods are safe.
Gleaming red paint under the carpet in rear bed, trucks only ever been used as a family car.
Will tow anything, I purchased the tow hitch as it never had one when I bought truck.
Seats three adults with centre seat pulling down as armrest and storage.
Cruise control, A.C, C.D, power steering is lighter than my car.
Would be great for towing caravans abroad for holidays, you could take so much equipment in the truck bed as it's huge!
Really only selling as it's sad to see it just sitting there.
May consider a PX on a Defender and personal number plate removed prior to sale.

Photobucket won't let me link pictures here but I can link to pictures there?

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/brianjbox/s...150?sort=3

I also have my 2005 Grand Cherokee Ltd Edition thingy, dealer offered me £4k for it which was more than I expected to be honest.

Grand Cherokee Jeep, Ltd Edition 4.7L V8 auto, top of range so got everything, black leather with no rips, everything working, only 50000 miles and drives like a new car. LPG conversion so works out really economical, only got about a months MOT left but really only done around a 1000 miles since last one. Never planned on selling this but miss the old defender.

Not so many pic's as said didn't plan on parting with this one just yet:

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/brianjbox/slideshow/Jeep

So I have two motors and also a couple of grand to add to the pot, don't mind what sort of deal but use your loaf, I have owned, bought and sold quite a few defenders so common sense please.

Just a quick note, I used to run my Son to York university which was a 200 mile round trip. My Td5 Defender putting £40.00 in the tank did the trip with a little left.
The F-150, £40 in the tank did the trip with a little left, The 4.7 L jeep filled the LPG tank up did the trip, filled the LPG tank up again £25.00 Shocked

So two motors and some cash, open to any realistic deals offered, to be honest I don't expect much interest just covering as many bases as poss. Truck advertised elsewhere, Jeep isn't.

Click image to enlarge

I just uploaded a pic straight to here, didn't know you could do that Embarassed

Cheers for looking

Brian
Post #717273 12th Jul 2018 9:24am
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Hi Brian
I take it the F150 is a US import ?

If it is still available when our house sells I will certainly be interested as we are off to Spain.
My TD5 90 csw will be up for grabs then as well so we could come to a deal I am sure !

Bob 2015 Jaguar XE240 R Sport - goes like ....... !!
2013 Defender 90 CSW - sold
2009 Defender 110 Double Cab - sold
2001 TD5 90 CSW - offroad project - sold to a forum member
2011 Porsche Boxster - for the sunny days !
Post #717344 12th Jul 2018 5:37pm
1963bus

United Kingdom 
Hi and yes definitely from the U.S.

If you're moving or just travelling you'll find the bed area is huge, plus secure and bone dry so loads of stuff in there. I had planned on getting a vintage American caravan to pull behind it and use for our hols and shows, didn't happen so the truck just sits there most of the time. I wash it more than I drive it Laughing

Did read somewhere these will pull 4.5 tonne, not sure it's legal in the UK but I swear it's stamped on the hitch.

Brian
Post #717363 12th Jul 2018 7:27pm
1963bus

United Kingdom 
Little bump Very Happy
Post #718957 21st Jul 2018 5:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1