↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Some question regarding warranty...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
reno

Singapore 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Some question regarding warranty...
Hi all, in my previous posting did mentioned about the knocking from my undercarriage... However my local dealer voided the warranty of drivetrain n suspension due to wheel spacer and bigger tires and refused to further look into my issue... Does your local dealer void warranty for using spacer n big tires? Any chance for me to challenge on their take bywriting to land rover? Appreciate if anyone can provide with any contact or email to LR... Many thanks...
Post #63400 12th Mar 2011 2:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
They have voided my warranty as well due to haveing big tyres roll cage stainless exhaust winch and bumper there tossers I tried challenging them didn't worky though !!

Steve 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #63432 12th Mar 2011 6:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RED-DOT

Scotland 
Going by your avatar i would say your car is way over the limits of "reasonable use" and the transmission is taking stresses a Defender is not made for. 2008 RS4 gone, 123d M Sport, and a Puma 90 XS..
Post #63498 13th Mar 2011 10:19am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
Re: Some question regarding warranty...
reno wrote:
Hi all, in my previous posting did mentioned about the knocking from my undercarriage... However my local dealer voided the warranty of drivetrain n suspension due to wheel spacer and bigger tires and refused to further look into my issue... Does your local dealer void warranty for using spacer n big tires? Any chance for me to challenge on their take bywriting to land rover? Appreciate if anyone can provide with any contact or email to LR... Many thanks...

As mentioned by RED-DOT it comes down to a reasonability test.

Fitting a none LR roof rack, is a reasonable thing to fit so no

Lifting the suspension isnt reasonable and likely to void the warranty

THe warranty book used to be very clear...only thing to change the dealers mind is if they did the work!! Mike
Post #63505 13th Mar 2011 11:05am
BigMike

United Kingdom 
big steve wrote:
They have voided my warranty as well due to haveing big tyres roll cage stainless exhaust winch and bumper there tossers I tried challenging them didn't worky though !!

Steve

Why does it make them "tossers"? Seems entirely reasonable to me. The tyres you have are far bigger than standard spec and you've also significantly changed the suspension I think.
Post #63507 13th Mar 2011 11:16am
big steve

because when i looked into it, the words were if you change something and it goes wrong as long as the part you put on hasnt coursed the problem then they would still cover it ?

there tossers because they wont even t=do the warranty work that everybody seems to encounter i.e
steering box leaking , the leaking oil pump

but yet you say about the transmission they done all the seals on it

are you saying a landrover is not suitable for off road i have only taken a vehcle and made it better

i think it was more down to the workshop maneger at the dealer being jelouse of what i had because the last time i wne tthere the customer service was shocking

steve 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
6 speed auto in build
Post #63522 13th Mar 2011 12:54pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I would imagine any non approved tyres, wheels and running gear etc would give a dealer reason to void warranty if he so chose. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #63527 13th Mar 2011 1:32pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
Miserableolgit wrote:
I would imagine any non approved tyres, wheels and running gear etc would give a dealer reason to void warranty if he so chose.

Exactly. Steve you say "made it better" but thats subjective. its already made for offroad driving, if you lift it, different springs, shocks, wheels, tyres, then i would imagine that in their terms and conditions they can void pretty much anything from steering to radius arms, diffs, gearbox, you name it. To describe them as "jealous" seems more than a little churlish to be honest. and siimply because you didnt like the decision hardly makes them "tossers".
Post #63557 13th Mar 2011 5:54pm
big steve

well considering i sorted the main problem out my self for no more than the price of there Censored gasket it doesnt bother me because now if anyone has the same problem which i beleave they will i can help

dont get me wrong i love landrover as a brand but for a company to have so many problems with there vehicles i just think its a good job they dont get put on the new like such as toyota did ?

my vehicle before any mods had a new ignition barrel the window fell out drivers side
new clutch from a death rattle new rear brakes new main crank seal before id touched it
also to be honest id rather repair it myself as least i no its done properly then

i dot want to have an argument with you big mike its only my opinion

for instance my suspension has no afect on the turbo to manifold gasket blowing does it or the vac pump leaking nor do my wheel
these are generic problems most defender owners are having ?

steve 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
6 speed auto in build
Post #63559 13th Mar 2011 6:08pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
All manufactures have there problems - as bad as defender...land rover are no different Mike
Post #63574 13th Mar 2011 7:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1