↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Worries about buying a Puma
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CRJ

Denmark 1991 Defender 90 200 Tdi ST Alpine White
Worries about buying a Puma
Hi all. I have some worries about a Puma I am about to buy. It is a 2008 with 40.000 km on the clock, at a decent price - but without any coverage ( bought as is to my company). Reading this fora I see a lot about clutch, egr valve etc. that people have changed under warranties. But with only 40.000 km do any of you guys think that I will have the better part of all the trouble when I put it to use towing etc. (The same sort of use that almost killed my 2006 WV Transporter 130).
I used to have a 130 - 300 TDI. Drove 340.000 km through hard use without a whimp - anyone think that the Puma will do that as well.

Regards

CRJ
Post #63484 12th Mar 2011 11:35pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
Get the service record and take a look at whats been done. remeber that you read about the issues because people take the time to post about them. You dont read that much from people who have had no issues because they dont have that much to talk about in relation to "problems.
Post #63485 13th Mar 2011 12:49am
CRJ

Denmark 1991 Defender 90 200 Tdi ST Alpine White
Thank you - that sounds reasonable. It is just that here in Denmark there is almost no Pumas, so I do not know anything about them. But I guess a lot of them is driving around in GB, and going through the posts it isnīt that many cars that have had issues. I will check the service record - and take a long ride in it before i put down the money.
CRJ
Post #63488 13th Mar 2011 6:27am
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
The comment about people only posting their problems is a very good one.

I had one of the first Pumas in the UK (May 07) and had no real problems with it at all - the dealer wanted to change the clutch at first service as they thought it was noisy - I hadn't really noticed. Other than that nothing I can think of went wrong.

It can worry you to read of the probelms but as you say many run wiothout any issues I guess.

I've got another on order anyway so fingers crossed Laughing John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #63502 13th Mar 2011 10:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1