Home > Puma (Tdci) > Some Positive Feedback
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
storming_puma

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Some Positive Feedback
Hi all,
New to the forum but it appears that many people seem to express a negative. I have had my Puma Defender since Sept 07 and it is by far the best Defender I've owned and I've had a few. Yes its had a few issues, Clutch, Gearbox, Vacuum Pump, Battery failure and leaking diff but my local Main Stealer has always fixed the problems without any concerns and always given me either a disco3 or even RR Sport to use while its in. I love the car, its my work car and its used very hard with heavy loads and major off road use. I cant think of any manufacturer not producing a revised vehicle with zero problems. So I am going to say that in my opinion it is still "The Best 4X4 By Far. Very Happy . lets here some more positive feedback.
Post #6126 9th Jan 2009 7:18pm
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Welcome Storming_Puma!!

Good to see somebody that loves the Puma (me either!). Yes we tend to comment our problems here to get some advice, but we forget to put how much we love this car.

Cheers Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #6128 9th Jan 2009 7:33pm

England 2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Stornoway Grey
Yes I agree, had mine since March 2008.

I have had the recurring hand brake problem and little niggles but nothing major.

I like the dash, amazingly better than the TD5 XS with the ridiculous air con vents at knee height. I like the controls and layout generally. I miss very little except the ali bonnet, I really liked being able to stand on it to get to things on the front of the roof rack.

It is a pleasure having a heater that works, although I still can't get used to it, I keep having to turn it down.

I really like the gearbox, even more than the TD5 (my other car is a six speed and I think I am just used to it) I really like how quiet it is now at 70.

Lot's of people hanging onto their TD5's seem to forget that all the seats are much improved if a little intrusive in the rear but I am far happier picking up my four kids from school in it than I was in the TD5.

I think in the future, when the car gets older, we wil all be grateful that we can interchange Ford Duratec engine parts.

I may be conning myself but I even think the headlights are a little better than the candles I had in previous versions.
Post #6130 9th Jan 2009 7:44pm
storming_puma

Hi again,
I agree that we need issues raised to help solve them and I have been grateful to those that posted the report about the vacuum pump as I never could figure out where those splats of oil ahere coming from.

I just love this model I have previously owned a 1990 TDi and then an 02 TD5 but this one is much better I have clocked up 64K in miles so far and with the sixth gear and the newer seat design I could drive this for ever.

I have checked out some pictures of other peoples pride and joys and they all look so nice and shiny so I am going to post a link of mine at work, Some people say I should be ashamed of what I put it through but in my mind its doing what I brought it for.

Will look into how to post pictures on.
Post #6131 9th Jan 2009 7:55pm
storming_puma

Doeas anyone know how to submit pictures onto forums?
Post #6133 9th Jan 2009 8:08pm
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
Open an account with photo bucket upload it to there from you pc then copy the address of the photo you want and paste it here. Photo bucket will guid you through
Post #6134 9th Jan 2009 8:24pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Great to hear that you love your truck. I too am completely happy with mine - much better than my previous Td5.

I don't put it through the same punishment that you do but it is good to know that they are as capable as ever and that some of us are sticking to the 'working vehicle' principle.

Of course there are isues but there have been (and still are) with all the previous versions as well. I've had very few issues to-date and it is the most enjoyable family car that we've ever had (and that includes the BMW M5 that I got rid of to get it).

Lets keep the positive new flowing!
Post #6166 11th Jan 2009 9:23am
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
How old is yours alantd?
Post #6168 11th Jan 2009 9:32am
parktag

France 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
I have had no problems with mine, but i must admit to worrying because of other peoples vehicle faults. I just have to remind myself that their probably in the minority or Land Rover would not still be in business. If you search forums from other manufacturers you soon realise that their vehicles have just as many faults. I bought a new Peugeot 206 for my other half and it's been a pain from day one, even though peugeot has made millions of them. At least when they work there a plesure to drive. Land rovers not peugeots. 130 crew cab
98 V8 Disco
Post #6178 11th Jan 2009 4:24pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Another postive,, ,

Mine was one of the first May 07,, and has been been no problem, bar the abs lead at 600 miles Very Happy California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #6186 11th Jan 2009 8:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1