Home > Puma (Tdci) > 2.2 Puma Utility Maintenance Advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Stuarth91

Scotland 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
2.2 Puma Utility Maintenance Advice
Hi,

I've had my 65 plate Utility wagon for a year now and have done 10000 miles in it with no issues. It's due in for its first service with an independent soon. I intend to keep the car indefinitely. I have modified several bits and bobs so far, including new steering wheel, soundproofing, LEDs, Dinitrol etc.

I'd like any help or advice in general preventative maintenance - little bits and bobs that will increase the life of the vehicle and components. I'd also like to upgrade the security and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stu.
Post #580530 26th Nov 2016 12:28am
Paulv8

1989 Defender 90 V8 Petrol CSW Alpine White
Watching! V8 90...WIP
Post #580533 26th Nov 2016 1:16am
Cuthbert

Decent quality Pedal-Lock gives peace of mind when you park up and leave your vehicle unattended. My preference (after considerable research and recommendations from forum members) was for the Adrenalin version.

Have used it for protection across four countries and when parked up in some well renowned crime hotspots such as West Yorkshire - never had a problem.

The other tip is do everything you can to slow down corrosion - Land Rover Defenders seem to come with rather variable protection against water ingress and looking shabby.
Post #580707 26th Nov 2016 11:43pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Speaking to Pete Bell While he did my remap, he just recommended a mid service oil change i.e. Every 5-6k, and as above control corrosion and add as many layers of security. Lots on security on here just use the search facility. If you don't find what you need just shout.

To maintain the LR 6 year corrosion warranty I believe you need an annual main dealer inspection.

Ps I'm no expert just passing on what I've learnt from the forum Thumbs Up James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #580721 27th Nov 2016 12:36am
Cuthbert

The debate whether to use an independent garage or an official dealer has been discussed by many on the forum - with a strong case being made for both. The technicalities of servicing a Ford Transit engine, doing some fluid changes and checking assorted nuts haven't rattled loose should not warrant service costs in excess of £700.

Personally I went for the official dealer (bargained hard for more competitive service charges) and when a couple of warranty issues cropped up they were first-class in getting me sorted out quickly. At least I felt I had a relationship with the dealer when it came to wanting some additional work undertaken.

For me, it all came down to 'managing risk', and how lucky did I feel regarding the reliability of some key (and expensive to replace) components.
Post #580814 27th Nov 2016 6:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1