↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Land Rover Defender 90 X Tech TD5
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rfkdemon

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 Silver LE Zambezi Silver
[For Sale] Land Rover Defender 90 X Tech TD5
Here is my Land Rover Defender 90 TD5 X tech edition for sale.
I bought it over a year ago now, it had been resprayed professionally from the original X tech Zambezi silver to Mazda 36a green but apart from that it was fairly standard. Over the last year I have modified it into a comfortable road going landy as well as a very capable off road vehicle. In addition I have sorted out all the usual td5 issues, upgraded the performance and manufactured some of my own very useful mods. It is low milage but it can with little history but have since documented everything since my ownership so there is now hefty file of receipts etc.
It comes with all the usual X Tech spec extras such as Sun roof (doesn't leak), alpine Windows, rear quarters, load handles, front and rear interior lights, ABS, Traction control, tow bar with electrics etc.
The modifications are as follows:-
Interior:
- Brand new half leather genuine LR XS seats, cost £600 but well worth it as they are very comfy and supportive. I always have the tailored, waterproof covers fitted at all times unless at show, never sat on without.
- Genuine LR XS cubby box modified to give access to OBD port so Nanocom Evo virtual dash can be run at all times. I have retained the centre seat mounts and tucked the seat belt under the box so the 3rd seat can be quickly swapped out in place.
- Alloy billet gear knob.
- Sony CD player with aux input.
- leather 14" mountney steering wheel and boss. This gives a great feel, freeing up cabin room.
- Genuine LR rev counter. Wired in next to speedo and fuel gauge moved to outside.
- SPA digital voltmeter and coolant temp gauge in place of original useless temp gauge. I have machined my own coolant elbow adapter so the thermocouple sits in the head so you know the exact coolant temp at all times. I have done extensive testing with these now and sold these kits to others. The adjustment controls are subtlety hidden in the steering cowl. Great piece of useful kit and looks oem in the standard dash.
- Usb charging ports.
- internal winch cut off and remote
- Genuine LR rubber mats.
- New super heavy duty battery and fusible link for winch waterproofed in seatbox.
- Genuine LR dog guard.
- hand brake lock kit. Will not move with X eng disc hand brake!
Exterior:
- Professional respray in Mazda 36a green. Great job but I have picked up bush scratches with a dent under the drivers door handle. Very straight still and scratches would cut out easily but not much point unless you want a show pony. Typical electrolytic corrosion showing on door bottoms, still solid and only noticeable up close. Touch up pen supplied.
- Powder coated anthracite checker plate on bonnet and wings.
- Rock / tree sliders correctly fitted in place or sills.
- black Alloy tree sliders on body.
- Safari snorkel
- Quadoptics headlamps
- RBX LED light kit all round with adjustable trailer relay.
- rear quarter bumperettes.
- tubular winch bumper.
- winch with waterproof cover. 100ft of synthetic dyneema rope with safety hook. Awesome bit of kit. Comes with both wired controls and remote which is ideal for self recovery.
- Aero window wipers, proper Bosch ones.
- Genuine ZU alloys load rated to 1400kg with bf Goodrich tyres and spare 5th in rear. Or can be fitted with near new insa turbo special tracks on modulars if prefer with spare 5th. This is an option, both are not included but the choice is yours.
- Steering guard.
- Diff guards.
drivetrain:
- Gwyn Lewis Disco straight drop arm conversion. Pain of a job to do but well worth it in the long run for strength and easy of maintenance.
- Gwyn Lewis super heavy duty solid drag link and steering bars. Amazingly strong, well made and makes the steering so tight. No way to bend these and the joints are greasable.
- Upgraded steering damper.
- Gwyn Lewis brass 90 degree diff breathers. Stop anything getting into the diffs as the standard unions do not seal.
- HD sealed drive members.
- Mintex HD pads all round with new discs and genuine timken bearings. Done 3k.
- Gwyn Lewis challenge truck suspension kit. Extended galv relocating turrets with long travel Fox racing adjustable alloy shocks protected with green boots and Old man emu plus 2 springs. Amazing ride quality on road and super supple long travel off road. Rear fitted with Gwyn Lewis galv 3 way adjustable pin to pin shock relocators and old man emu plus 5.5 challenge sport shocks, plus 2 OME springs and Gwyn Lewis hooked Spring relocators. Amazing set up both on and off road!
- Adrenilin 4x4 castor corrected front radius arms.
- Adrenilin 4x4 double cranked rear trailing arms with mounts notched for extra articulation.
- poly bushed everywhere
- X eng disc hand brake. Holds anywhere!
- quick shift. Amazing through the gears!
- bulkhead no rot etc.
Engine:
- decat and stainless straight through exhaust with only rear box. Sounds amazing when accelerating hard but no noisier at cruise.
- Alisport 'fast technology' full size intercooler. Amazing quality and means the inlet temps and turbo spool speed is incredible. Very expensive but best on market!
- lime green silicon hoses.
- EGR delete
- Stage 2 tuning remap by Pete at BAS. Transformed the performance, goes like stink and drives so much smoother with no smoke unlike some tuners. Boost limiter raised but I have kept the boost standard as I cannot see the point in any more power as it spins all four wheels even on Tarmac if you are not careful. It is an animal! I have removed the viscous fan as it overcooled with the new rad and cooler plus it opens a bit more power. The thermostat rarely opens at 82 degrees but it can all be monitored on the SPA gauge so no worries.
I also do not fit the accoustic engine cover as it holds mud but will be included also in sale.
- Uprated exhaust manifold with upgraded long studs to prevent snapping which is a common problem.
- custom machined coolant elbow temp take off as I do not like chopping coolant hoses for my kit.
- Gwyn Lewis fuel filter re locate kit and guard

There are probably loads more mods I have missed but it is well sorted and a joy to drive!
I have also replaced so many parts with only new Genuine LR, too many to list but in the last few months alone:
- fuel pressure regulator
- fuel pump
- wiring loom. Upgraded later version.
- Injector loom
- injectors and seals
- top end seals and gaskets
- full service kit, oil filters, fuel, air etc
- rad and bottom hose
- coolant elbow
- prop joints
- diff seals
- wheel bearings, timken
- indicator, lights and washer stalks
Loads more that I will have missed but will be in the file of receipts....I have spent an absolute fortune getting everything right!

It has just passed an MOT so nothing to worry about for another year. The only advisory being the handbrake travel which I cannot help if it is adjusted so the lock works. The chassis has had a few patches welded on it in the past, a new rear crossmember and all the out riggers seem decent but nothing done to the chassis in my ownership. I was going to build a custom challenge truck chassis with integral welded cage but I ran out of time with other projects I have on the go.

All in all it is a well sorted Defender with all the money already spent on it. I will be sad to see it go due to the effort I have put in and fun I have received but I have do not get enough time to use it due to my other hobbies so it is time to move on.

I am happy to take viewings and take you on a quick drive but I will not let anyone else drive without the cash in my hand and proof of insurance due to what I have spent on it. Due to the current rise in defender thefts I will not give out my address straight off.
Cash on collection from near Stafford please but I may be interested in px for a transport lwb van or classic/vintage motorcycles.

Price wise I am looking for offers over £9995.

All the best,
Matt
Post #528447 2nd May 2016 9:07am
Silver Back

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Coniston Green
Morning Matt,

Any photos, age, mileage?

Thanks,

Andy
Post #528460 2nd May 2016 10:13am
rfkdemon

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 Silver LE Zambezi Silver
My apologies, it took me ages to upload the photos. Milage is currently almost 75k and it is an X reg, 2001 from memory.
Any further questions just ask.....I plan to put it on eBay but I would rather a defender.net member get first dibs.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #528489 2nd May 2016 12:37pm
jrharte

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 X-Tech LE Zambezi Silver
Hey rfkdemon.

I'm very interested in this Defender!

In fact I joined the forum specifically for it Smile

The only thing is I'm in N.Ireland so would need to fly over to collect and then get the boat back.

Can you tell me a little about your insurance? (Who you are with and if you have it insured as modified etc?)

It's quite a list of mods so I'm wondering what needs to be declared or how you declared it all.

You can reply via PM if you don't want to discuss on the thread.

James
Post #530233 9th May 2016 8:22pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Great advert! How they should all be done....features and benefits.

Good luck with the sale, I've seen this briefly when I collected the steering wheel for my 90, nice truck.
Post #530322 10th May 2016 6:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1