↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Oil leakage gearbox, clutch....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
kjmeijer

Netherlands 2016 Defender 110 Other SW Galway Green
Oil leakage gearbox, clutch....
I will try to explain but my English is not that good and do not know much about mechanics: a few weeks ago I noticed some oil leakage under my gearbox (2009 130) which looked to be a packing problem. The dealer said that the complete gearbox had to be removed and that would take about 2-2,5 days. Last wednesday I brought the car to the dealer and we also agreed also to preventive replace the clutch plates.

At thursday evening they called to inform me that the car was not ready yet because they could not get the gearbox all te way in again. They said it was due to a housing where a bearing is located for an axel from the gearbox. The bearing had fallen out and they had to replace the housing (?) of the bearing.The problem was to get the housing out and they finally managed that by bending the edges of the housing and pulling it out with a pully puller.
They finished that on friday and when I wanted to collect the car yesterday evening they that I could not take it because there was still air in the clutch. Today 2 hours ago a mechanic finally brought te car to my home.....
The clutch now is much softer than it ever was, the pedal is lower than the brake pedal and I simply do not have a good feeling with how things went. It took them 3,5 days and I wonder how many hours will be on the invoice! I am an amateur but I find it strange that the gearbox would not go in all the way. Could they have damaged something when using force the get the gearbox in again?

How do you think about this all? 2021 Defender 110 D300 HSE
Post #526174 23rd Apr 2016 1:24pm
kjmeijer

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

This plastic part I found on the floor. Anyone knows where it should be? 2021 Defender 110 D300 HSE
Post #526347 24th Apr 2016 8:08am
Rickydodah

It fits over the high/low lever. Lift off the rubber gaiter around the levers and it fits over the linkage. There are some pictures on the forum I'll try and find them and post the link Thumbs Up I started with nothing and still have most of it left!
Post #526378 24th Apr 2016 9:50am
Rickydodah

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic29132.html

The plastic 'tripod' fits over the ringed item in the last photograph. Thumbs Up I started with nothing and still have most of it left!
Post #526384 24th Apr 2016 10:06am
kjmeijer

Super, many thanks!

Off to the dealer next morning. I have a very bad feeling about this operation. 2021 Defender 110 D300 HSE
Post #526411 24th Apr 2016 12:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1