Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Bucket seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
w12leo

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Bucket seats
Hello all,

I have been looking at a set of bucket seats for more than 6 months now and thought I had my heart set on the LRI diamond stitch seats, however after reading another thread in here I'm slightly worried about the whole having to take the seat out should you need to get to the battery!

Apart from the Recaro's are there any other seats that have a removable seat base?

Cheers! Wanting another 💭
Post #504512 14th Feb 2016 11:02am
charliebaja

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Zermatt Silver
Have you tried Exmoor trim seats, designed specifically for the Defender and with their new range i would be tempted to replace my Corbeau buckets. Oh and with the base i have on my seats they take about 5 minutes to remove to get to the battery.
Post #504515 14th Feb 2016 11:10am
RCMike

United Kingdom 
I've just fitted RX8 seats and decided to do a trial "get at the underseat box" - took me less than 4 minutes. That is taking the seat out completely.
Post #504739 14th Feb 2016 9:55pm
Lucifus

United Kingdom 
You could mount them with bolts than can be unscrewed by hand. I've seen sparco kits like that. I just mounted some buckets to my defender. They are pretty awesome (in my opinion anyway). I've run a battery lead so I can charge the batter without removing the seat.

You can just see the wire poking out at the front for my ctek charger. I used adapter plates to mount the seats. (Universal seat runners welded to the plates then the plates bolted to factory points). I need to paint the plates as I took them to bare metal when grinding off some test welds.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #504883 15th Feb 2016 3:05pm
Lucifus

United Kingdom 
You could also wire in an anderson plug if you wanted to be able to jump start it without removing the seats.
Post #504884 15th Feb 2016 3:06pm
chipmunk

2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Oslo Blue
Cobra do the Le Mans LR with removable bases but are 'very not cheap'...!!
I had these in my TD5 HT but without removable bases and it was the most comfy, supportive seat I've had in any LR.
The side support squabs are a little higher than normal for getting in and out but not as bad as some sports seats. The bases are also longer giving added thigh support for taller drivers.
I had bought the Anderson connectors for battery but never got around to fitting them.........they aren't cheap either.
Post #505836 18th Feb 2016 4:06pm
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
If you fit an Anderson you've still got to store the jump leads somewhere, and I find the under seat boxes very convenient for that Laughing
Post #505883 18th Feb 2016 7:13pm
Stupots1968

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
Lucifus wrote:
You could mount them with bolts than can be unscrewed by hand. I've seen sparco kits like that. I just mounted some buckets to my defender. They are pretty awesome (in my opinion anyway). I've run a battery lead so I can charge the batter without removing the seat.

You can just see the wire poking out at the front for my ctek charger. I used adapter plates to mount the seats. (Universal seat runners welded to the plates then the plates bolted to factory points). I need to paint the plates as I took them to bare metal when grinding off some test welds.

Click image to enlarge

what make of seats are these mate ..... and where'd you get them from ?
tehy are pretty cool .........

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #509130 28th Feb 2016 10:55pm
Enid_Puceflange

Scotland 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Baltic Blue
I fitted an Anderson connector as my Cobras are bolted to seat risers and take a bit to get to the battery

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

With compressor connected
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

G

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  My confidence has been writing cheques that my abilities can't cash for years.
Post #509141 28th Feb 2016 11:17pm
Lucifus

United Kingdom 
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/151549863843?_mwBanner=1

I got them with the defender and fitted myself. They are the same as the ones in the link. I didn't want to drill new holes in my seat box so welded the universal seat rails to plates with holes drilled to match my existing seat box holes. The result is seats that I can unbolt quickly. They are pretty cool. The price is cheap but I guess only time will tell on the durability.
Post #509146 28th Feb 2016 11:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1