↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Fog Light Swop
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
borderterrier

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Fog Light Swop
I a moving to Germany with work and need to change the foglight on my 2006 110 CSW so its on the left side of the vehicle. I have bought a NAS conversion kit which includes a foglight and a reversing light with all connections. Plan is to fit a foglight and a reversing light to each side of the vehicle, my question is will I be ok taking a feed off the existing lamp wiring and running it across to the other side of the vehicle?

Thanks

Steve
Post #127980 1st Mar 2012 2:26pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
That is exactly what Land Rover did to mine- they piggy-backed the second onto the first.

Click image to enlarge

As you can see they just added a second Fog light on the opposite side. You don't need a second reverse light as there is no legal requirement to have it on a certain side.

Glyn Dog :sheep:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #127981 1st Mar 2012 2:35pm
borderterrier

Thanks for the reply. Yea got the bit about second reverse light, just want to keep the back end in balance (OCD!) and throw some extra light to the rear of the vehicle when reversing at night.

Steve
Post #127982 1st Mar 2012 2:38pm
Hazza

United Kingdom 1990 Defender 110 Td5 HT Bronze Green
You should find that there is a spare fog and reverse plug on each side as standard, I know they were there on my TD5 1990 Defender 110 200TDI Camper - now converted to Td5 power
Post #127992 1st Mar 2012 4:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
borderterrier

Really? Now that would be a bonus!

I shall check tomorrow.

Thanks

Steve
Post #128036 1st Mar 2012 6:58pm
CarlW

Scotland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Anyone know if the spare fog/reverse light plugs are there on the Puma?

I've been thinking of doing something similar on mine but was thinking of putting reverse lights were the existing fog/reverse lights are and using LED NAS size fogs in new plinths to avoid cutting big holes in the bodywork for the depth required for the standard 21w bulbs.

Carl MY11 110 XS Station Wagon in Stornoway
Post #128076 1st Mar 2012 9:21pm
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
Couldn't find any spare plugs on my late 07 110, had to swap the fog and reversing lights over as its a LHD, just swapped the light units over then swapped the two wires over in the multiplug on the top of the bulkhead where the body loom meetrs the bulkhead loom - simples!

Keith
Post #128080 1st Mar 2012 9:34pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
ickle wrote:
Couldn't find any spare plugs on my late 07 110, had to swap the fog and reversing lights over as its a LHD, just swapped the light units over then swapped the two wires over in the multiplug on the top of the bulkhead where the body loom meetrs the bulkhead loom - simples!

Keith

exactly the same for me ... works a treat Thumbs Up
Post #128082 1st Mar 2012 9:40pm
WRFrance

Germany 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 PU Keswick Green
Hi from Germany everybody. First post today, been reading for a while as I got ready for the collection of my 2012 90 Pick-up from the UK. The pickup will join a Disco 3 in the family, that we love a lot, but that also needs its attention...

As I am spending most of Boxing Day in the garage to get the car ready for its German MOT I had to bring this thread back up as I have difficulties to locate the bulkhead connector where I have to swap the wires for reversing and rear fog light.

Looking at the lamps at the back of the car the wires are solid grey and solid white, but I cannot find a multi-connector with the same wire colours for fog and reverse.

Is there anybody with a picture of the connector and its location. Your help is much appreciated.

All the best,
Norbert
Post #485554 26th Dec 2015 5:03pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
You are looking for a 24-way grey connector beneath the right hand front seat Smile  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #485557 26th Dec 2015 5:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
I swapped at the bulkhead in the engine bay, just where the main loom leaves the bulkhead area and changes into the chassis loom.
Post #485569 26th Dec 2015 5:50pm
WRFrance

Guys,

Thanks for the fast help. I looked at the multi plug under the seat earlier today, but it had no solid white wire.
Any chance to get a pin location for the wires?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Post #485625 26th Dec 2015 8:25pm
WRFrance

So, just to close the loop on my fog light/reversing light swap.
In deed, on a 2012 puma the 24 pin multi plug is under the drivers seat. The grey connector is held to the bottom of the floor plate by Christmas tree fasteners. Yesterday I only pulled the plug out and could not find the grey and white wires that are connected to the fog and reversing light. In fact, the loom changes the wire colours at the plug. When pulling out the socket of the plug from the floor board I did find the solid white and and grey wires.
I then pulled out the red locking tab from the connector and unlocked the pin connectors with a very small screw driver and pulled the wires out to swap them. Refitted everything and then swapped the two lenses at the rear of the car. I'm now good to get the car MOT'd tomorrow. Headlights were replaced by good as new ones from somebody that upgraded to LED's right after delivery of his defender.

Below two pictures I took in case anybody needs to go through a LHD/RHD conversion.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #485976 27th Dec 2015 9:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1