Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi all

Thank you for your posts.

To clarify, Land Rover do not offer a fixed price service plan for the Defender for the UK vehicle market. As offers can differ between different vehicle markets, I would be unable to comment on any offers that may be available when purchasing vehicles outside of the UK.

Regards

Ryan
Post #429456 8th Jun 2015 11:48am
BarryT

Wales 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Just signed up for a 3 year service plan on my Defender, better than what I initially thought, £29.99 per month over 32 months Total all-in cost £959.68.

BarryT
Post #432462 20th Jun 2015 11:01pm
Wheel

United Kingdom 
I think thats a bloody good deal Barry, did you have to negotiate it or was it offered and is it with your supplying dealer and who is it please ??
I enquired when buying my 90 in Dec and i was quoted £800 + £600 (or poss the other way around) for the first and second services which as it turned out i got for free as a goodwill gesture from LR when i rejected the vehicle but considoring the engine is only a Transit, allbeit the rest of the vehicle is a 4x4 i still feel they are taking the pi55 somewhat !!!!

Mark
Post #466451 25th Oct 2015 6:36pm
BarryT

Wales 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Mark,

I enquired with the purchasing dealer Conwy Landrover, Llandudno Junction, North Wales at the time of collecting the new 90 SW XS and that was the price I was quoted.

BarryT
Post #466524 25th Oct 2015 9:22pm
chek

Switzerland 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Havana
ericvv wrote:
Land Rover UK have a lot to learn from Land Rover Switzerland apparently
Eric

On the other hand the price for a Land Rover is approx. 20% - 25% higher in Switzerland than anywhere else on the planet. Not too sure if there's much to be learned here.
Christopher
Post #466594 26th Oct 2015 8:35am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
What makes me laugh, having and continuing to service loads of cars (land rover and ford), the servicing of a defender is actually a piece of cake and actually not that much of a big deal. Someone said the defender
Quote:
Defenders are quite expensive to service in comparison to modern cars in the same price bracket
- thats not really true at all. The current puma defender has much LESS service requirements that a TD5, 300, 200tdi or 3.5V8. Our 300tdi has 6 month service requirements and ALL transmission fluids changed every 12 months. Compare to our new land rovers or any new car - its not got any more on it (equally doesnt have adblue etc, which is extra) no bits of trim to remove, no fancy diagnostic upgrade requirements

Dealer prices are more, granted and partially excepted, the talk of the prices, even given they are expensive, still isnt justified £350-£400 (i had £500 asked for once). Most services (defender, new disco, new range rover) tend to be a tickle of the oil filter, tyre tread depths and a clean, not much else is done

Given i have just serviced a land rover and only ever use genuine parts:
A new oil filter c£5, air filter c£8 (which i dont think gets changed yearly any more but i do), fuel filter c£12, ALL transmission oils, using genuine parts and enhanced transmission oils £150-170, it takes me an hour to do, 2 if I want to take my time so £100ph labour rate at a dealer?? - what im saying is doing a GREATER service, with genuine parts should in the real world only be £250-300

rant over Mike
Post #466637 26th Oct 2015 11:49am
Wheel

United Kingdom 
As part of my "goodwill gesture/compensation" for LR'S poor quality on my first week Defender I bought in Dec 14 I was given 2yrs "free" servicing which as I stated earlier I'd already looked into before buying it and was horrified by the costs of £600 + £800 (or possibly the other way round) for the first and second yrs servicing and really couldn't understand how they could justify it !!!!
Having said that I was willing to pay it as I wanted it all done at a LR garage should I ever want to sell it but things didn't turn out like that.
I had asked about service plans and dealers around here all said they didn't do them on Defenders but did on the new models.
Out of interest do independent garages offer such service plans ??

Mark
Post #467795 30th Oct 2015 12:17pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
not many indi's do because there prices are so much cheaper it doesnt make any sense. Mike
Post #467861 30th Oct 2015 3:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12