↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > New one
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
compensation?

Surely they just fix it for you now you have brought the niggles to light. Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #43334 22nd Oct 2010 11:18pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
jst wrote:
compensation?

Surely they just fix it for you now you have brought the niggles to light.

Sure, for the hassle of being without the vehicle and not being able to undertake activities - all as a result of faults some of which were not spotted during the PDI. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #43353 23rd Oct 2010 8:44am
Happyoldgit

TJ101 wrote:
Miserableolgit wrote:
It's back at the dealers as the transmission brake has been sticking on due to oil contamination judging by the amount of the stuff that's sprayed from the brake drum and output flange.

Plus:
Two of the door check strap detents aren't working properly.
One of the door lock escutcheons is popping up and down with the lock button.
Drivers door glass rattles when the door is closed.
One rear door window winder knob is loose.
One of the indicator repeater lamps is letting in water or full of condensation.
The galvanizing on the loadspace carpet retaining strip is substandard.

Loan car is a newish Freebie. I'm also pushing for some other freebies in compensation.

Your are joking surely !!!

Compensation,, for tiddly things like that,, Rolling Eyes

Its a Defender !! perhaps you should buy Jap !!!

Not joking at all, a unusable transmission brake isn't piddly Rolling Eyes My other Puma didn't come with these problems. Steve.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

Post #43354 23rd Oct 2010 8:49am
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
So you expect a car with a list price of £30K to not have faults like a handbrake that doesn't work? That sounds really unreasonable to me too... Whistle

I think LR need to learn if it was priced like a agricultural vehicle people would have no issue with a finish like a agricultural vehicle, if they price it like a premium chelsea tractor (regardless of how it will be used) it should be 100% perfect on delivery to the customer! Disco 3 gone but the memory of the bills remain...
XS 110 Utility maybe one day..... (did they fix the quality yet?)
Post #43459 25th Oct 2010 10:29am
Ed2

England 
I should have ordered my new one on Saturday but the saleman was having the weekend off, then he's got Monday and Tuesday away on a course. Having read about all the problems with new Def's, I'm starting to get cold feet...
Post #43461 25th Oct 2010 10:52am
ken

United Kingdom 
LR is no different to other brands promise I buy one or two a year and reject quite a few

loads of niggles laugh the only proper customer service is from Smart & Skoda Rolling with laughter

RR BMW Audi Mercedes really just want your money and aftersales = afterthought
Post #43463 25th Oct 2010 11:03am
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
Ed2 wrote:
I should have ordered my new one on Saturday but the saleman was having the weekend off, then he's got Monday and Tuesday away on a course. Having read about all the problems with new Def's, I'm starting to get cold feet...

Lots people have had no issues. I think your best bet is to plan to give it a good going over when you collect (before you pay balance) - anything not right then get them to fix it there and then, or come back to collect later. Makes em nervous when they don't yet have your money but they do have a car on the books and quite keen to fix things. Once your into aftersales, different team, different story.

It would be easy if you could say "anything built on a Tuesday" or "anything with a Y in the VIN" but it seems that poor quality control is the enemy, and while there are many good Defenders coming through there are a lot of Friday afternoon experiences as well.

Its not as bad as some makes, there seems to be no more persistent issues with one area (clutches etc) like the early days, its just poor quality control from factory and dealers who seem to be happy to overlook things.

If you want one, better get one now before the VAT goes up and LR dtich them completely as there not making big enough fat margins like hte rest of the range. Disco 3 gone but the memory of the bills remain...
XS 110 Utility maybe one day..... (did they fix the quality yet?)
Post #43464 25th Oct 2010 11:09am
Ed2

England 
TallPaul wrote:

Its not as bad as some makes, there seems to be no more persistent issues with one area (clutches etc) like the early days, its just poor quality control from factory and dealers who seem to be happy to overlook things.

Its things like on my old TD5 which was a 10 year old car the mats were always wet after rain, Rolling Eyes then when I looked at a 2009 model yesterday it had the same problem. You'd have thought that after all these years of investment and QC, etc they would have overcome a problem as minor as that? ...but I still want one, just less keen..
Post #43465 25th Oct 2010 11:30am
Happyoldgit

Vehicle returned with the niggles discovered so far sorted (included a dent in a door which I overlooked to mention here before), valeted and with a tankful of fuel. They fitted a new felt seal on the output shaft & flange - it was this which allowed oil into the brake causing contaminated linings.

The niggles were just that but I do find a working transmission useful sometimes. Steve.

Post #43787 28th Oct 2010 1:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12