↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > 2010 Defender tyre/rim question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
--defender--

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Zermatt Silver
K9F wrote:
I have also been very lucky with my Puma having not sufferred or experienced many of the gearbox and clutch issues that many others have had to endure thankfully! No complaints really!

Thumbs Up

Good to hear. Do your tyres protrude further out than the edge of the arches? If so, what's the law about this?
Post #43575 26th Oct 2010 6:30pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
--defender-- wrote:
Good to hear. Do your tyres protrude further out than the edge of the arches? If so, what's the law about this?

Yes they do, only a gnats knacker! The rules are debatable and unclear. If you read the MOT testers guidelines nowhere does it specifically state about tyres protruding, what is written is open to misinterpretation. Karl Fekete got himself an MOT with his tyres and I have been assured I will have no problems either. I still retained my original Boosts just in case it does become an issue as a safeguard! With my recent incident with a certain Citroen C1 when the police attended my wheels were looked at in awe and comments were made how much damage my car may have experienced were it not for my wheels, they were not an illegal issue from their perspective! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #43620 26th Oct 2010 11:10pm
--defender--

K9F wrote:
--defender-- wrote:

Yes they do, only a gnats knacker! The rules are debatable and unclear. If you read the MOT testers guidelines nowhere does it specifically state about tyres protruding, what is written is open to misinterpretation. Karl Fekete got himself an MOT with his tyres and I have been assured I will have no problems either. I still retained my original Boosts just in case it does become an issue as a safeguard! With my recent incident with a certain Citroen C1 when the police attended my wheels were looked at in awe and comments were made how much damage my car may have experienced were it not for my wheels, they were not an illegal issue from their perspective!

Looking at Karls 90 photo head on, assuming his setup is the same as yours - it looks more than "gnats knacker"! I think keeping your old wheels/tyres is a good idea if Mr Plod ever got into an argument with you. They do look good nevertheless and I can see why the Citroen came off worse in more than one way.
Post #43628 27th Oct 2010 12:02am
K9F

Defender,

Karlos' set up is an inch larger diameter at 33" and an inch fatter than mine at 12.5" so mine is not as obvious!

If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #43639 27th Oct 2010 9:22am
--defender--

K9F wrote:
Defender,

Karlos' set up is an inch larger diameter at 33" and an inch fatter than mine at 12.5" so mine is not as obvious!

Way to go... Thanks for clarifying that K9F and your great ideas, need to start saving now! Sad
Post #43643 27th Oct 2010 9:59am
K9F

--defender-- wrote:
Way to go... Thanks for clarifying that K9F and your great ideas, need to start saving now! Sad

You're welcome. Karlos is away hunting and shooting anything that moves in Canada at the moment but he too has good gen and was the individual who came forward when I needed wheel/tyre advice! You can PM him in a few days if you need to know more, or, I'm sure he'll chip in here too!

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #43680 27th Oct 2010 6:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123