↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Just about had enough.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
OCD

United Kingdom 
Just about had enough.
Hi Ryan,

This is a bit of a long post but please stick with me as it gets better as it goes...

I picked a new 90XS up in January of this year and from the first day of ownership there was a fault with the indicator. Basically, when turning left the indicator cancels upon turning instead of when returning the wheel to center. I know there has been a fair bit written about this but bear with me.

After a month or so of putting up with this, I called the dealership and was given a a future date to bring the motor in to be looked at. It had to be a fair way in the future because i specified the need for a loan car.

When i arrived at the specified time and date, I was told that I had turned up a day late (which i most definitely had not) and that there was no loan car for me. I waited for around 4 hours until one of the staff came over to me and told me that the techs couldn't figure out what the fault was and that they were going to order a few parts that could be causing the fault and that they would contact me with a date.

They didn't.

I called a couple of weeks later and was told that someone should have called me and was given a date to bring the motor in.

This time the car was only in for a day and I was simply told that the car was fixed. It wasn't and the fault appeared on the drive home from the dealership.

On it's third visit to the dealership, it was in for 8 days and I was told it had been fixed by replacing the indicator stalk.

This fixed it for a week.

On it's fourth visit, it was there for 21 days.

After wondering what was going on, I called for an update after a week and was told that it was taking time because the techs had to email Land Rover, wait for a reply, carry out the work and then email back with results. This is repeated until the fault is fixed.

When i called after two weeks for another update I was told that the car still hadn't been fixed as the fault hadn't occurred in the time it had been with them. Which must've made the previous week's email backwards and forwards to LR interesting reading if they were fixing something that wasn't broken...

It was then decided that a member of their staff would use the car for a couple of days to witness the fault occurring, which duly happened. The steering angle sensor was replaced, another member of staff had it for a weekend and then i got it back fixed.

This lasted for 6 days.

I called the dealership on Monday morning to let them know about the fault and was told that they would get back to me.

I'm still waiting.

To date, around 50% of the miles covered have been either to & from the dealership or the dealership test driving it. This also accounts for just over 20% of the time I've owned it.

Sorry to ramble on but just wondered what Land Rover's thoughts are on this level of: a) customer Service and : b) build quality on a brand new car.

Last edited by OCD on 3rd Jun 2015 5:40pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #428360 3rd Jun 2015 4:15pm
Browjam

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
Are you not within your rights to demand a new vehicle. Although it is a seemingly small problem it is causing you undue stress plus as you rightly point out you and Land Rover staff are putting unnecessary miles on the vehicle.

I would check this as an option.

james
Post #428363 3rd Jun 2015 4:39pm
RobKeay

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Seems a straight forward fault and should have just been fixed within a day. 21 days that's amazing did you have a courtesy car for all that time?

It's often little faults that give LandRover a bad name. A fault that could be sorted made into a major problem. 21 days you could rebuild chassis up in a week!

I would call or do something customer services need to be made aware.
Post #428371 3rd Jun 2015 5:15pm
OCD

United Kingdom 
Thanks RobKeay, I forgot a bit of the story!

The loan car they gave me for 21 days was a 90 with the same indicator fault with the added bonus of a back door that wouldn't open!
Post #428372 3rd Jun 2015 5:19pm
RobKeay

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Yours will have dsc, so has a new column. Sure they will sort it. The chap on here is pretty good at sorting problems.
Post #428381 3rd Jun 2015 5:59pm
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
Did you buy the car from Knutsford Guy Salmon by any chance..?

Cheers

Simon
Post #428390 3rd Jun 2015 6:29pm
OCD

United Kingdom 
PM sent.
Post #428391 3rd Jun 2015 6:40pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi OCD

Thanks for your post.

I have read through your comments and share your disappointment with the concerns you are facing. It would certainly appear that your concerns remain unresolved and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience and frustration that may have been caused.

I would be happy to liaise with your retailer and offer my support where necessary and would be grateful if you could provide me with the following information via PM;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant repairing Land Rover retailer

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Ryan
Post #428562 4th Jun 2015 12:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1