↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > SOLD Bilstein B6 Shock Absorbers SOLD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
90XS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
SOLD Bilstein B6 Shock Absorbers SOLD
Bilstein B6 Performance Shock Absorbers. Front DA1016, Rear DA1017.

To Suit Land Rover Defender 90 / 110 from XA159807.

I purchased these as part of an upgrade kit for my Defender. They do make a massive improvement to handling and ride control, however they just don't suit the potholed roads where I live!

They have covered less than 5 miles prior to removal.

There are a couple of scratches from fitting / removal, as can be seen in the photos.

Boxes are slightly torn.

Apart from that they are all good and as new.

New price is circa £360, I am asking for £250 including UK mainland postage. Grab yourself a bargain!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by 90XS on 28th Sep 2014 9:43pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #359720 23rd Sep 2014 2:08pm
silky16v

England 2001 Defender 90 Td5 X-Tech LE Blenheim Silver
what vehicle did they come off?

what did you replace them with as they where only fitted a short amount of time and are suppose to be 1 of best shocks you can buy?

is that best price as paddock are doing them £74.40 each including VAT?
Post #359724 23rd Sep 2014 3:18pm
90XS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Hi Silky, I fitted them to my own 90 (have a look in my gallery).

They were fitted alongside a set of Alive Tuning's sports springs and upgraded rear ARB. As soon as I drove down the road I realised that as a combination, it was to stiff a set up for the poor roads I travel on. As I wanted to retain the lowered stance, I took the shockers straight back off and replaced with the original LR ones. Although the handling isn't quite as good, the squidgy LR ones suit me better!

The Bilstein ones are no doubt a very good unit, and like you I did quite a bit of research before purchasing and the general consensus was that they were the best ones for the money. Unfortunately they just don't suit me!

I can't really improve on the price I'm afraid. I have lost a fortune on them already. Please note that they haven't been cleaned up for the photos. They really are as new. I doubt I even covered 5 miles with them.

Cheers, Chris.
Post #359764 23rd Sep 2014 6:45pm
Zinke

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
I had the same problem with mine after i fitted OME shocks, they where great handling but not really suited to what i used my defender for.

I found that Terrafirma's shocks where the best for potholed lanes and tracks and served me well over the 3 years i had them fitted.

Pete.
Post #359802 23rd Sep 2014 9:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
silky16v

England 2001 Defender 90 Td5 X-Tech LE Blenheim Silver
90XS wrote:
Hi Silky, I fitted them to my own 90 (have a look in my gallery).

They were fitted alongside a set of Alive Tuning's sports springs and upgraded rear ARB. As soon as I drove down the road I realised that as a combination, it was to stiff a set up for the poor roads I travel on. As I wanted to retain the lowered stance, I took the shockers straight back off and replaced with the original LR ones. Although the handling isn't quite as good, the squidgy LR ones suit me better!

The Bilstein ones are no doubt a very good unit, and like you I did quite a bit of research before purchasing and the general consensus was that they were the best ones for the money. Unfortunately they just don't suit me!

I can't really improve on the price I'm afraid. I have lost a fortune on them already. Please note that they haven't been cleaned up for the photos. They really are as new. I doubt I even covered 5 miles with them.

Cheers, Chris.

Thanks for that gonna to have a think on as I'm still unsure what to fit or just stick with originals and fit ARB
Post #359836 23rd Sep 2014 10:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1