↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Guy Salmon Bristol
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Defender-Stu

United Kingdom 
So Steve was £622? And what service do you need?
Post #352036 16th Aug 2014 10:29pm
Bristol 90XS

England 
I've found Steve Hill to be very expensive for servicing and repairs.

He wanted to charge my parents over £1000 for some work to be done last year. I called my normal garage in Shepton Mallet and they quoted me half the price.

I still call around for servicing and I find Steve Hill to be as expensive as main dealers if not sometimes more expensive and as Walfy said the attitude leaves a little to be desired.

My 90 was always serviced at T&S Norman in Shepton Mallet and my new 110 will be too. Is not far to go but I have seen what Steve Norman does when servicing an LR and he does way more than an LR dealer will do and is typically a third + less than main dealer. Steve has taken over from his dad but not only has all the knowledge of old land rovers but has all the new diagnostics kit also for Disco, RR and Freelanders.

No connection just a very satisfied customer who will be going back.

http://www.tandsnormanlimited.webs.com
Post #353806 26th Aug 2014 7:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Defender-Stu

United Kingdom 
I know some people have there views but i could only say that i have never had any problems with Steve Hill Land Rovers Bristol and they have ALWAYS been the best at service and have always been friendly towards me, everyone has there bad days and i could not imagin Steves Wife to be rude unless been spoken to in a rude manor maybe?, but not saying anyone has (Dont Jump Down my throat), Jess is a great person Just like Steve and the team work well together and you know your getting the best from them all the time, I know everyone is after the cheapest price but this could compromise the work being done maybe?

I cant really say anything bad at all about Steve and Jess as they are friends of mine and have been for years, but there is only a selected few that i would let touch my pride and joy and if there were any problems they are at the end of the phone to help unlike some other companys and Stealers.

Just my views Thumbs Up
Post #353934 27th Aug 2014 8:26am
custom90

United Kingdom 
Still waiting right now, I'm told earliest the end of next week if then. Neutral
Why not get more mechanics in if it's that bad? I'm just assuming that there isn't the skilled people out there to do it.
Post #354167 28th Aug 2014 11:31am
Defender-Stu

United Kingdom 
Dealers only have say 1-3 staff that work on defenders and thats to also cover holidays
Post #354168 28th Aug 2014 11:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12