↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Marshalls, Bedford
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
lukev01

England 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Marshalls, Bedford
Took the 110 for its first service today.

Bonus was that this first service was FOC as part of the deal when I bought it.

One potential warranty issue was the top of the front passenger window that had a slice about 3cm long taken out of the top edge of the glass.

Chris at the dealership looked at it and said it would be passed to the manager who would consider whether it would qualify.

OK so far.

I got the call to say the car was ready later but was informed that it looked like a stone chip since there was a lower indentation in the glass. I could not see how this would be the case since the window remains closed since the car has aircon and when shut, the top edge could not be hit.

One hour later, went to pick the car up. Chris came out to show me the "stone chip" then looked up inside the channel, fiddled a bit with a coin and the penny dropped.

A protruding screw must have been jutting out just enough to hit the glass. Sure enough, when we looked at the driver's side, there was no protruding screw.

So...

Fair play to Chris for (a) working out what the problem was and (b) for being honest about it. Thumbs Up

Just need to ring back to arrange when the repair can be made, so chuffed with a positive outcome. Thumbs Up

One final little surprise came when one of the guys from the workshop asked me if I owned "the Defender" when I was having a coffee, and asked if I wanted a couple of mats for the front...two genuine rubber logo-ed mats looking brand new in the footwells when I went round to pick it up. Bow down

Well done to all at Marshalls! 1970 Series 2A 88"
Post #353789 26th Aug 2014 6:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1