Home > Maintenance & Modifications > LIGHTFORCE Spot Lamps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chalky

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
LIGHTFORCE Spot Lamps
In Short ! ish

I have been a long time deliberating on which units to buy to adorn the Soft A Bar fitted aloft my 90 XS.

WARN

LAND ROVERS OWN

HELLA Etc Etc !!!!!!!!!!

Finally decided that after first seeing the lightforce units i have gone all the way round the houses and ended up back at the first ones.

Has any one got these fitted to their vehicle ? how do they compare ?

And the most important one of all, will they fit with the extended air Con fan housing ?
the lamp in question is the 170 striker !
Of course any pics would be good use !

Thanks DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #3483 30th Aug 2008 11:22pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Here is a web link of my friend John from Venture overland in Driffield not far from us.

He is a reseller of the Lightforce lamps and can advise you of any thing you need to know.
I see on his site the light in question may be the measurements will help you.
I cant comment on the price but im sure he will tell you if you contact him.

http://www.ventureoverland.com/index.php?o...;Itemid=39

He probabaly has some in stock may be he would let you hold them up to the car to see if they will fit your requirements.

I may be wrong but im sure John has 4 of the same light on the front of his Patriot roof rack and they are very bright.

Regards Pete

PS if you ring him tell him i gave you the link Smile
Post #3484 31st Aug 2008 12:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
one_iota

Australia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
I have just swapped my LF 170s from the Disco to the Defender.

I have found them very effective. I fitted one of them with a clip-on spread diffuser that gives me a very good wide beam in addition to pencil beam on the other.

Aesthetically they are about the same diameter as the headlights. I prefer the appearance to the 240s

I can't comment on the fit on the A bar as I have an ARB Bull Bar on mine so fit isn't an issue.

[/img] Mahn
'08 Defender 110
ex '95 Disco 300 Tdi
www.aulro.com
Post #3485 31st Aug 2008 3:54am
chalky

Pete
Thanks, i will definately give him a call Thumbs Up
I need an Engel fridge too for my Europe road trip next year ! and it appears that he will be visiting Peteborough shortly so another good excuse for me to go ! alltho after the poor day i had at the Driffield show earlier on in the year i am reluctant to go and hand over my hard earned in case its POOOOOOOOOOO!

one_iota
It seems strange that i have found a quality robust light unit all the way from OZ to attach to my car ? and you have done the exact opposite ! if you know what i mean Idea but not so much of the quality comming your way !

A very good idea with the filters too to spread the beams.........

Thanks DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #3489 31st Aug 2008 10:31am
bell-auto-services

John will be on the same trade stand as me at the peterborough show so come and say hello if you visit him.

Regards Pete
Post #3490 31st Aug 2008 10:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chalky

Will do Pete !

I have fond memories of Peteborough from my VW days !
Used to go there every year over a long weekend and its an ideal venue for car shows with lots of hard standing and sheltered barns for traders to display their wares !

I do have some specific requirements with regards to equipment so i will more than likely go !
I missed it last year as i went on holiday on the Saturday and flew out of stanstead ! the volume of Landys up and down the A1 was an impressive sight !
Not quite like a V Dub show tho as there were no lame vehicles straddled up and down the hard shoulder with the engine smoking ! DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #3492 31st Aug 2008 10:52am
bell-auto-services

Hi chalky

I know john will have the lights at the show but im unsure if he will take and fridges.

He normaly only takes them to the major shows but with peterborough been the last in the season id advise you make contact with him first because i would not want you to have a wasted trip.

He does have a 45Ltr fridge mounted in the back of him 110 that is a permanent fixture that you can inspect and look for the spacific requirements you speek about.

If you wanted to buy and collect a fridge at the show i think it best you make contact first.
Or take a trip to Driffield and have a look at his fridge.

Regards Pete
Post #3494 31st Aug 2008 11:10am
chalky

No worries Pete !

Having spent some time looking at the website to-day i can estimate that there are several things lurking around their site i could spend good money on.

I am just looking at fridges at the moment but i do know for it to be any good it has to be Engel !

I,m kinda out of funds at the moment ! having just this afternoon spent lots of money on an outwell tent ! out of season tho so its an 08 as oposed to next years but it was less than half price so it had to be done.
Has any one seen the quality of these tents they are amongst some of the best quality tents i have ever seen ! and they are Polycotton too, which is like old fashioned tent canvas.
Its not a roof tent or trailer tent or anything trick to adorn the DEFENDER but it is very much in keeping with the Land Rover thing.
Its replaced an old KHYAM tent that made of 6oz ripstop material the kind of quality that does not seem to exist on their current range or indeed on any tent on the market.....

Anyway in fear of hijacking my own thread i,m off now !

Pete if for whatever reason i am unable to make Ptbr then i will for sure go and see your contact at driffield !
Which just happens to be en-route to my parents holiday cottage on the east coast ! DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #3500 31st Aug 2008 3:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1