↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Pentland Edinburgh
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Pentland Edinburgh
A big thumbs up for Ross Hutchison, Sales Manager at Pentland for looking after me so well and putting together a fantastic deal after I found issue with my previous 110!!! Thumbs Up 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #345155 14th Jul 2014 4:26pm
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Lucky you! My dealings with Pentland have been much less impressive!

We (MrsK has an Evoque) have had several experiences over the last 12 years of LR ownership, most of the Pentland-related ones have been poor to say the least

We now use Macrae & Dick in Inverness. Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #345272 15th Jul 2014 5:56am
jomara

This isn't my first dealings with them Martin I have tried unsuccessfully to buy cars from them in the past and eventually bought Audis instead!!

I found that Ross was very accommodating more so than the general sales guys, I have to admit I was prepared for a big fight with them and had all the details to hand to start a public campaign, i was very surprised when the Head Tech agreed with my findings and Ross came to me the next day with a deal to get me into a different car.

Over my years of LR ownership I have been involved with 6 different dealerships and the best experience I have had was with Lancaster of Reading who did me a fantastic deal on a Disco and even paid our fares and accommodation to go and collect it.

We will need to see if the service levels remain as high as the ownership experience goes on!!! 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
2022 110 250D XS
Post #345297 15th Jul 2014 8:59am
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Good Luck, Buddy Thumbs Up Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #345308 15th Jul 2014 10:51am
jomara

Cheers Martin Thumbs Up 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
2022 110 250D XS
Post #345319 15th Jul 2014 11:27am
Nodrog the great

Scotland 
Service from LR dealerships
I agree with martinK . My defender has had more damage done to in the garage than on the road. It was bought from Stratstone, which is now pentland, The day I picked it up, it was damaged and every time it had gone in for service it gets damaged in someway. The service manager try's very hard to keep me happy. But I have said that if it was not a defender, I would have given up on Landrover. Bow down Bow down
Post #345621 16th Jul 2014 5:27pm
Nodrog the great

Scotland 
Service from LR dealerships
I agree with martinK . My defender has had more damage done to in the garage than on the road. It was bought from Stratstone, which is now pentland, The day I picked it up, it was damaged and every time it had gone in for service it gets damaged in someway. The service manager try's very hard to keep me happy. But I have said that if it was not a defender, I would have given up on Landrover. Bow down Bow down
Post #345622 16th Jul 2014 5:28pm
jomara

Is that the Cupar branch Nodrog? I know that my Td5 came from there originally and some of the repairs carried out were a bit below par as I had to peel the interior door panels off after their service dept had sikaflexed them on. The quality of the work seems to be governed by Land Rovers unrealistic timescales for service items to be carried out, it's all about quantity over quality now!!
Post #345654 16th Jul 2014 8:03pm
Nodrog the great

Scotland 
Hi jomara
It certainly was/is. A garage I still use. I agree it's all about time and the lack of respect for other peoples pride and joy.
Post #345865 17th Jul 2014 5:14pm
lukev01

England 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Probably explains why so many of us use LR independents who really care about the vehicles when the warranty ends.

When my S2A needs anything done, the boys at Rogers of Bedford always take the time to do a proper job, last time they asked me to be patient so their top welder could do the work as he loves Series vehicles. Easy decision to make since it isn't my daily drive. Thumbs Up 1970 Series 2A 88"
Post #345876 17th Jul 2014 5:46pm
jomara

had my car back to Pentalnd a few times since my last post, their track record on these visits has been less than exemplary despite the best efforts of Keith Anderson to try and keep,me happy:

Visit 1 - loud knocking from drive flanges, had the car a day found nothing, took it out a run with a tech only to get the age old "they all do that" & "it's a characteristic of the vehicle" this was subsequently rectified by Taggarts Motherwell!!

Visit 2 - knocking from rear diff & pinion flange on take up, guess what line I got from Pentland Evil or Very Mad subsequently replaced by Morrisons Stirling

Visit 3 - reported noisy diff even offered to bring it in following a 10 hour trip to Lincoln but the Pentland workshop was too busy to take 10 minutes to listen to the droning. Car was booked in yesterday and today ro allow the techs to,investigate, still to get an honest answer of the exact time spent, the tests carried out and the methods used. Anyway after 2 days I still have no answers on the diff and the other issues the vehicle went in for. The answer from the workshop was "we can't find anything conclusive) it would appear that all they did was burn £40 of my fuel and not rectify any of the issues.

Time to refer the issue to Ryan@LandRover and the dealer principal to try and reach some sort of reasonable conclusion!! I am utterly unimpressed with the service I have received today, this now casts a heavydoubt over the workshop practices at this dealership following on from the experience I had with the 62 plate 110 and the false check sheet supplied with it!!

At this point I would say avoid if you need any warranty work on your Defender!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
2022 110 250D XS
Post #437007 11th Jul 2015 12:19am
Lorryman100

John, personally I would take a trip to Morrisons as they sell and work on a lot of defenders and will probably identify the issue as they drive out of the forecourt on a test drive. IMHO the problem with a lot of LR dealers in and around cities is their market base and workshop experience is aimed more at the luxury end of the marque as they don't sell that many defenders compared to discos or RR. In saying that I have had no issues with warranty claims at Taggarts in Motherwell as the (previous) workshop manager admitted that he is not adverse to using forums for help with diagnosis on defenders as they don't work on them nearly as much as the other marques. JMTW Thumbs Up
Post #437165 11th Jul 2015 10:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Basinbanger

Scotland 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Jomara,

I have to agree with you about the service at this dealership. I had my vehicle in for its second service to a cost of nearly £500!, this also included the paint warranty inspection( think it was carried out in the canteen).
I pointed out that there was a problem with the paint work and oxidisation below the window. I then showed the warranty manager the paperwork pointing out that no defects were found during the inspection, he wasn't to pleased when I asked if this was how the rest of the service was carried out. I was then asked for the service booklet so he could check the service history, belter!. I told him to check it online as that was the line I got from the service desk.
Still waiting to hear from them for a date for the repair under warranty!!!

Best of luck in getting the issues resolved
Post #437712 14th Jul 2015 5:20pm
Cuthbert

Is this not the same dealership that forum member "Enid P..." works at?

He/she usually appears enthusiastic about working there and the team of techs? Maybe time for a word in someone's ear?
Post #450378 29th Aug 2015 5:19pm
jomara

Well things haven't improved much at Pentland, still a shambles. Now in touch with JLR CRC & John Clark Customer Service as the 4 days my car was booked in to get ALL the reported warranty issues fixed has turned into 4 weeks, damaged paint and finger pointing with another garage who carried out the 36k service over whether the prop UJs were greased properly. I'm still waiting for an answer as to why the UJs would been bone dry if Pentland had greased them properly at the 24K mile service Banging Head Banging Head 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
2022 110 250D XS
Post #639902 26th Jul 2017 3:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>