↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] GFT MT82 6-Speed manual gearbox, Puma 2007 on
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
[For Sale] GFT MT82 6-Speed manual gearbox, Puma 2007 on
I have a Puma gearbox which is now surplus to my requirements for sale. I bought a complete transmission (gearbox and transfer box) from a reputable vehicle dismantler in anticipation of an overhaul of the transmission of my 2007 Puma, but in the end only used the transfer box.

The dismantler assured me that the unit came from a written-off 2013 2.2 Defender with under 2400 miles on the clock, and although I haven't seen the vehicle it came from I have no reason to doubt his word. The transmission is very clean (but clearly hasn't been cleaned), the amount of clutch dust in the bell-housing is consistent with the mileage, and the condition of the output adaptor shaft splines is very good. The transfer box, now fitted in my 110, is whisper-quiet and very smooth, I have no reason to doubt that the main gearbox is equally good, however I cannot guarantee its condition of course and sadly cannot provide any warranty.

The gearbox is compete with the extension housing and output adaptor shaft, it also has a clutch slave cylinder fitted. It does not have the gear lever assembly. It will of course fit any Puma-engined Defender from 2007 to present, either 2.4 or 2.2 litre.

I am lookling for £1000 or very near offer on the basis that this is about half what I paid for the complete unit with t-box.

Ideally you will collect the gearbox from Poole or Blandford, Dorset, but I may be able to deliver a reasonable distance if need be, especially to places between Poole and Plymouth, or Poole and Barnstaple, since I travel in those directions regularly.

Please feel free to pm if you need any more info.
Post #336819 9th Jun 2014 9:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1