↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Finance & Insurance > Be Wiser Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cuthbert

Be Wiser Insurance
Has anyone any experience of 'Be Wiser' for Land Rover insurance. They seem to offer some amazingly low prices on some price comparison sites and if you talk to them directly they are as keen as mustard to close a deal at a cheap price ........... but they also seem to feature on the interwebby and it's not positive feedback for customer care and business practices.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/community/...48603.aspx

http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/b...68742.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum...BY-COMPANY

Very interested to hear if forum members rate them positively or is it a case of run a mile?
Post #300074 18th Jan 2014 9:19pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Hi Cuthbert
Im with Bewiser this year for my defenders insurance.
they were able to better my quote by a large amount despite mine being classed as modified (full soft top so a fairly large one)
It would seem that they are conscious of bad customer reviews as have sent me loads of letters asking if im happy.
Another plus is the call centres have all been uk when I've had to change some details.
I believe there part of Aviva
Anyway as an answer im really happy, its the cheapest I've ever paid for insurance at 21. However cant give you a review of a claim as haven't had one and hope to carry that on Thumbs Up Defender puma dormobile camper
Post #301302 22nd Jan 2014 7:58pm
Cuthbert

After several days of zero response I was beginning to wonder if I had imagined the existence of Be Wiser or it was some sort of virtual mirage.

So thanks to Sailing Tom for his response - particularly the possible link between Be Wiser and Aviva. Be Wiser do seem really keen to quote attention grabbing cheap deals but some of the links posted above seem to indicate that they get their money back in other ways - assuming those links aren't simply 'imagined' experiences?

Anyone else had any experiences good or bad? I don't want to sign up and then find out I've made a rather costly mistake.
Post #301378 22nd Jan 2014 10:55pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I think the links posted above speak volumes. If something seems too good to be true.....It normally is. Enough people seem to state "Avoid!" Is that not enough?

Whistle

Would be for me! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #301393 22nd Jan 2014 11:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1