↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 300tdi 52mm Fuel Pressure gauge anyone?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Interlet

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Alpine White
300tdi 52mm Fuel Pressure gauge anyone?
I've decided to go gauge mad and basically get every conceivable engine reading possible. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade, and all our aircraft have far more gauges (I don't mean horizons, altimeters etc I mean engine monitoring) than cars.

So far, I have EGT, oil pressure, and turbo (volt also, but that's not engine), but I also plan on having RPM, oil temp, and I am now thinking of the fuel system.

I have not heard of anyone installing a built in fuel pressure gauge to any Defender. I am pretty sure, when the time [eventually] comes to buy the kit, I can install it, but has anyone done it? And my main question is where to put it?

I'd like to put it after the injector pump, but obviously all that's left after that is the injector lines - so unless I try and stuff it between the pump and the start of the lines, that probably isn't going to happen - and I doubt I could do that without needing modified lines due to where they will sit.... Any ideas?

And don't try and put me off it! Rolling with laughter 1998 110 300Tdi White Hard Top
Post #286654 30th Nov 2013 11:35pm
Lou Sparts

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Did a similar thing to a Mini many years ago,my dad called them my "worry gauges". 2005 Td5 90 XS

Steve
Post #286656 30th Nov 2013 11:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1