↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Kentdale Main Dealers, Kendal, Cumbria
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Charliefox

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Corris Grey
Kentdale Main Dealers, Kendal, Cumbria
I would like to note down some feedback for Kentdale main dealers, located in Kendal, Cumbria.

I've used them since they opened on their current site for a good 15years. In those days you could sneak round the back and use the presses etc!

They have never failed to impress, whether it be front desk, sales or workshop. They call when they say they will, they charge what they say they will and if there's ever a mistake, it's corrected quickly and without fuss.

I have just bought a brand new 110 DCPU XS in Corris Grey from them. I was a pain in the rear and specified non-option tyres (BFG KM2'S) and then changed the spec of the alloys after the "freeze" date. All of this was accomplished for me with regular updates by 'phone and e mail.

Handover was perfect, a properly PDI'd vehicle, a FULL tank of fuel, 2 quality leather fobs, a dealer branded automatic 'brolly and at the last minute, a pair of front mats.

I couldn't be happier with the service from Stevan Arkwright in Sales, James Willison the Sales Manager, Colin Shepherd the Dealer Principal and not forgetting Lawrence the Workshop Manager.

They make buying and servicing Landys a pleasure, I genuinely look forward to my visits and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Chris
Post #281263 11th Nov 2013 6:09pm
Cuthbert

Having crossed the country from the North East to the North West - Did they offer you a much better deal than your local Land Rover dealer?

There almost seems to be a feature on this forum of not buying a new Defender local to where you live?
Post #281773 13th Nov 2013 12:15am
Charliefox

I used to live in Kendal, so they were my local dealer. I've built a relationship with them over many years and vehicles and now wouldn't go anywhere else.

Lakeland at Torver are very good but too far for me. Lloyd's at Carlisle, well, words fail me. Probably best I leave it at that.

I would certainly give Lakeland an opportunity if you're looking for service, parts or sales Very Happy Chris
Post #281786 13th Nov 2013 8:43am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Good to hear sterling service from a main dealer. Mine is like a rollercoaster ride peaks and troughs dependant on which way the wind may be blowing, time of day, ambient temperature and millibar setting. Think you may get my drift.

Anyone got a 'Land Rover Dealer Barometer' lying about. It ranges from Stormy Pants Service to You Can Have Anything You Wish Sir!

Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #281797 13th Nov 2013 9:31am
Greener78

2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Nothing but praise for Torver. Part of the same group as Kentdale.

Lloyd Carlisle, I won't be going back and I even have a credit for work that didn't seem to have been done.
Post #282086 14th Nov 2013 11:45am
Charliefox

In praise of the Parts Dept. this time....

Electrical mods continue and I wanted an OEM grommit of the type found under the driver's seat, above the fuse boards.

Phil at Kentdale couldn't find a part number as apparently it comes with the full loom Crying or Very sad

Would I like a "dusty" one he'd found on an old loom upstairs along with a smaller version out of a D3 - for free?

I also ordered half a dozen "fir tree" clips for the headlining and got an apology that I wouldn't receive them until Saturday. And with free postage!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if only all dealers were like this Very Happy Chris
Post #286025 28th Nov 2013 5:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1