↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Stratstone Newcastle....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Barry

United Kingdom 
JASPERTHEHORSE wrote:
Interestingly Barry,
weve now introduced a seperate CSI survey on top of the Land Rover one for both sales and aftersales customers and the issues weve had since introduction have been nipped very much in the bud and weve seen our level of dissatisfaction drop dramatically.
Strikes me that it all goes wrong when communications break down and way to many people get involved leaving customers confused and who actually is dealing with their issues and concerns.
Personally for me on the sales side, once one of my lads gets even a whiff of a complaint its taken off them immediately and me or the DP jump in instantly to take over.
Reading some poor folks posts here makes a mockery of customer service.

I notice so many similar threads along the lines of sales staff not being interested unless its Range Rover product thats on the table.
Certainly not in my dealership folks, we would go pop very quickly if all we relied on was selling range rover.
Trust me when I say that theres not as many people as you may think who can splash £70k + on a car.
Freelander 2 is by far and away our core product, closely followed by D4. unfortunately Defender is very much the thin end of the wedge. I dont think theres a soul on here would disagree when I say that unless "you get" Defender then theres many other more modern product out there on the marketplace. We probably sell an average of 2 defenders a month new. Hey! on the bright side lets just look forward to our retained values going sky high when project icon comes along and Defender gets cast to the history books.

Tony,

I am not a great fan of surveys , too engineered and to my knowledge at best used to put things right in the future which is no-good for now or the past , I have never had a followup along the lines of , you said this can I help you get it sorted. Even the ones that have space for comments end up getting watered down to how many 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 where ticked in my experience .

I have not gone into specifics here but happy to discuss next week when I pick my car up , less than impressed with aftersales already , hasn't taken them long to let the side down has it.

Cheers 2011 Defender XS 110 Station Wagon - Rejected
2008 Discovery 3 XS Auto (Gone)
1997 Discovery ES Auto 300TDI (Traded in on a flat bed)
Post #75551 12th Jun 2011 8:14pm
JASPERTHEHORSE

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Barry,

Im about to go on holiday for 10 days.

Ive pm'ed you with my email address at work. Please drop me an email and outline whats happened and where its gone wrong and I will pick it up on my return.
Post #75553 12th Jun 2011 8:17pm
Barry

United Kingdom 
JASPERTHEHORSE wrote:
Barry,

Im about to go on holiday for 10 days.

Ive pm'ed you with my email address at work. Please drop me an email and outline whats happened and where its gone wrong and I will pick it up on my return.

Will do , not fancy the porta cabins then Laughing

Enjoy

Cheers 2011 Defender XS 110 Station Wagon - Rejected
2008 Discovery 3 XS Auto (Gone)
1997 Discovery ES Auto 300TDI (Traded in on a flat bed)
Post #75555 12th Jun 2011 8:27pm
JASPERTHEHORSE

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
its certainly going to be interesting times ahead.
We are scheduled to be back in the showroom by 8th August.
Really looking forward to it if Im being honest, I think the dealership was starting to look
a little frayed around the edges.
Post #75594 13th Jun 2011 10:21am
xatzhs

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Just had to deal with Stratstone Newcastle for the 2nd time (the first being the recall for the oil on the brakes...) and I have to say, despite a slight hiccup with a missing part turning up, I was kept nicely in the loop and the work seems to be (for now anyway) holding up nicely. All was within a very tight deadline and the service/parts staff were very accommodating. And I got a nice clean car back when I picked it up.

Very happy with them, will go back again.
Post #141516 24th Apr 2012 11:16pm
Cuthbert

Stratstone Newcastle - Devoid of Interest
Went into Newcastle recently for a look at a current spec Defender and willing to do a deal on the spot. Took a wrong turning and ended up at their Jaguar franchise where a lovely lady called Holly supplied us with explicit directions to their Land Rover outlet and a map. I'm feeling good about this organisation and outstanding levels of customer care.

Then reality struck at the Land Rover outlet. Nowhere to park on-site and staff who appeared to be totally disinterested in engaging with a potential customer(s).

Salesman No.1 (desk to r.h.s of main door) avoiding eye contact at all costs. Salesman No.2 (maybe the sales manager?) in the office behind the display model Defender and may have been asleep or meditating.

To stimulate activity I asked the receptionist where the loo was - she was very pleasant and the loo was spotless - but still no interest from the sales team when I returned.

Thought I'd stimulate some further activity and got the whole family to pile into and around the Defender 110. Salesman No.1 still refused to acknowledge our presence and then scuttled off. Salesman No.2 remained slumped at his desk in the office still apparently doing nothing in particular.

We then wandered over to an already sold red 90 sitting at the opposite side of the showroom, close to the workshop and were again totally ignored.

At this point my wife asked a very simple question "Are these the sort of people we want to do business with"? To which I replied "If this is the level of customer care that you get before handing over your money, how would they treat you after they have your money"?

As we left the premises we noted a sign requesting that you get in touch with a chap called Neil (the Dealer Principal?) if the experience wasn't up to scratch. For a moment I thought about it and then thought "Probably wasting my time"!

Our family were completely underwhelmed by the visit and headed for Carlisle.
Post #279516 4th Nov 2013 9:41pm
Byronavitch

England 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
flinty99 wrote:
I use Team Valley Land Rover. Always a great personal service.

leonski wrote:
What a bunch of lying insincere fools....
I would rather travel to the ends of the earth, with my Defender on my back, than ever set foot in any Stratstone ever again.

You would be gob smacked how much work Stratstones have lost to Team Valley (service centre of the Year)
Post #279524 4th Nov 2013 10:02pm
Cuthbert

Nope I'm not "gobsmacked" - After visiting Stratstone Newcastle and being totally ignored I wonder how many more folk have taken their business elsewhere.

Enter any business premises and within seconds you can usually tell if leadership and customer care are in evidence.
Post #279907 5th Nov 2013 11:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123