↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale]ViewSonic ViewPad 7" Android Tablet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
party monkey

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Cairns Blue
[For Sale]ViewSonic ViewPad 7" Android Tablet
For sale : ViewSonic ViewPad 7", Android tablet. Either £50 collected from the Claydons in Buckinghamshire (evenings/weekends) or Oxford OX4, area during the week (office hours), or £60 if posted by tracked/insured courier etc to UK mainland . Postage further afield is no problem but price adjusted accordingly.

Selling this on behalf of my father in law who bought it erroneously around 18 months ago thinking it was a cheap Ipad Rolling Eyes Suitably chastised by his missus, he coughed up for an Ipad and this has sat in his cupboard in the meantime. Other than his initial tinkering and me having a play around with it too, this device has not been used.

Features :- 7 inch screen, Android 2.2 operating system, ARM11 600MHz processor, 512mb ram, 2GB storage, GPS, 3G (and sim unlocked so can be used as a phone! - in proper Dom Jolley style), Wi-Fi, BT2.1, Micro SD slot (card not included), front and back camera.

More details/reviews on Amazon here

I would have taken this off his hands for a mapping device for laning etc but frustratingly, I'd bought an Android tablet only a few weeks earlier. That said, compared to my Galaxy tab, it is a bit on the slow side.

Android 2.2 is still capable of running the current (as at Oct'13) Memory Map, View Ranger and Alpine Quest Apps (see pics below). It's not as fast as the latest tablets though, so please take that into consideration if you are interested. You may be able to update the operating system but I can tell you that it will not update over the air (I tried). So, best to assume 2.2 is the furthest you'd get. The device has been factory re-set so all apps I trial downloaded have been wiped.

Boxed and complete with quick start guide, UK & European interchangble mains charger, USB / PC lead / Headphones/microphone & basic case.

Just to be clear, any posts saying 'first dibs' etc will be ignored. First person to PM me saying they will take it will secure it for 24 hours from the time I respond to their PM, pending full payment received.

Think that covers everything but happy to answer any questions etc...

Piccies below, apols for fairly naff quality....

Memory Map

View Ranger

Alpine Quest
 Jon - 110 td5 [sold]. Currently Defenderless.

Last edited by party monkey on 29th Oct 2013 6:14pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #275304 20th Oct 2013 6:37pm
Leenorthants

United Kingdom 
Hi mate, I don't want it, but just wanted to say hello from Buckingham?
Post #275316 20th Oct 2013 7:03pm
party monkey

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Cairns Blue
Bumping due to price reduction. Jon - 110 td5 [sold]. Currently Defenderless.
Post #277823 29th Oct 2013 6:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1