↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Land Rover don't sell Defender anymore....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Johnnyturbo

you mntion the fire and ice. i had a quick look on the net and they look really good (especially the white).

you reckon you can pick one up for E37k ? !

left hand drive only I presume?

The info I saw on the net suggested almost double this?
Post #25884 5th Mar 2010 4:14pm
Knot Yet

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Left hand drive

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDeta...mp;lang=de

Thumbs Up Defender 110 Puma Utility XS
Post #25887 5th Mar 2010 4:53pm
johnnyturbo2002

Spain 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Java Black
I bought mine in Germany, got the tax back from the dealer after about a month, and only paid the tax here in switzerland, which was around 11.4 % of the price sans tax. Overall it came out a good 20k francs less. I would imagine that you could do the same, but I have no idea on what import fees run in the UK..and then there is the issue of the RHD v LHD...here you see both on many cars, I would imagine that the one could (although difficult) drive around with a LHD in RHD country.
Good luck...jt 2008 Defender 110 60 year Edition (sold unfortunately)
IN the hunt for another Puma for the wifey!
2008 Kia Sorento LX 😁 2.5crdi
Post #25905 5th Mar 2010 7:29pm
johnnyturbo2002

Spain 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Java Black
net is under 32k euro 2008 Defender 110 60 year Edition (sold unfortunately)
IN the hunt for another Puma for the wifey!
2008 Kia Sorento LX 😁 2.5crdi
Post #25906 5th Mar 2010 7:33pm
Gav110

Australia 
Regarding availability and demand for second hand - here in AUS I was blown away by the dealer trade in price on my TD5 when ordering my Puma.

I've never bothered with dealer trades before as I generally have to check my fingers after the deal, but this time the trade-in was $2K more than the best private offer I had. He said straight he'd have it sold within a week.

The deal on the new Puma was good too - so no 'swings and roundabouts' there, but the downside is the wait for the new vehicle - ordered in March, delivery in June (must be a long boat trip)... Gavster
2010 Puma 110
Post #25950 6th Mar 2010 1:03am
Setok

Finland 
I've noticed the same thing about marketing. I actively dislike the whole 'premium' business. I don't want a premium product, with a premium price, and premium gimmicks. I want a real car. All the marketing material and posters about Land Rover have the Defender somewhere hidden in the background. The car is, by far, their most iconic vehicle and instantly recognised by loads around the world. Why on earth would the not utilise that? Of course a lot of people will still want Discos or Rangies, but the Defender is what gives Land Rover credibility as a company, especially in a time when SUVs are not liked at all.

Now look at Jeep and the Wrangler. They fully realise the value of that car for their brand. It's not like the majority of people go out there to buy a fully kitted Wrangler, but it is up there to remind them they're buying a proper 4x4 and to make them feel good about whatever vehicle they do end up buying. It's all psychology and getting that authentic image, and staying true to where you come from.
Post #26019 7th Mar 2010 12:44am
badwookie

Kuwait 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zermatt Silver
Ordered mine last October 2009. Puma arrived in Kuwait mid Feb 2010 along with 14 others. Was told the long wait was due to the cargo ship breaking down in Dubai, which needed a whole month to fix !

I was like a crack addict waiting for a fix. Took me 3 months to get it ! so happy now though.
Post #26038 7th Mar 2010 10:56am
bjartin

Norway 
Badwookie (Kuwait) and Gavster (Australia) believe that their 3-month delivery time, are due to the long boat journey.
I ordered my Puma in the last week of February, and get it (hopefully) delivered in May / June.
Furthermore, I would say that my Frelander2 (MY2007) was also delivered after 3.5 months --- in Denmark (a very short boat trip). Puma 90 MY 2010 (sold 2017)
Defender 110 MY 2001

http://www.youtube.com/bjartin
Post #26046 7th Mar 2010 12:28pm
Gav110

Australia 
bjartin wrote:
Badwookie (Kuwait) and Gavster (Australia) believe that their 3-month delivery time, are due to the long boat journey.
I ordered my Puma in the last week of February, and get it (hopefully) delivered in May / June.
Furthermore, I would say that my Frelander2 (MY2007) was also delivered after 3.5 months --- in Denmark (a very short boat trip).

I was told by LR that the delay for Disco is now as bad or worse - apparently the 3.0D engine is so popular (they whack it in Jags too, albeit differently tuned) that they have run out ! Sounds like issues with demand management and production planning... Gavster
2010 Puma 110
Post #26047 7th Mar 2010 12:32pm
67_6Cyl

France 
The same here.......
Both France and Luxembourg seem to have very few available at short notice.

Certainly my local agents here in Luxembourg order regularly "on Spec" (factory pre-order?), knowing they can sell whatever they order. Apparently they are almost all sold within a couple of weeks of the order being sent, and many, many, weeks before delivery from the factory. Certainly if you want a Keswick green 110 SW SE with white roof, no Aircon or ABS then it is a direct factory order, as none of the local dealers will have one of exactly that spec that they can get in for you.

Factory delivery time is about 20 (agonising) weeks.

LR Luxembourg can't get them in fast enough, and France is the same (again, often a 20 week wait)

Best

Jon
Post #27724 22nd Mar 2010 3:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12