↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > dealer ineptitude
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
I'll pip the horn as I'm entering Waterford City then M/Landy Laughing 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #23747 7th Feb 2010 10:23am
munsterlandy

Ireland 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Santorini Black
passing thru
grockle

might need 2 bips to make sure i've enough time to heat the milk to perfect temp for me and to let the murphys settle for you! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Idea if you are passing sometime fancy a spot of courier work? Whistle Thumbs Up
Post #23782 7th Feb 2010 6:43pm
Grockle

Re: passing thru
munsterlandy wrote:
grockle

might need 2 bips to make sure i've enough time to heat the milk to perfect temp for me and to let the murphys settle for you! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Idea if you are passing sometime fancy a spot of courier work? Whistle Thumbs Up

ok mate that sounds good Very Happy ,what do you need couriering 2.4 90 XS
Post #23811 8th Feb 2010 9:12am
munsterlandy

bits and bobs
will be looking to get few bits of kit like genuine floor mats (over €140 here from stealer!), A bar/winch bumper,lightforces, clear lamps, HID kit, side steps that sort of thing. Mr. Green

don't expect anyone to bring all that though Whistle !!

haven't started to look at best deals yet and delivery may be easier from supplier. what you reckon?
used to deal with famous four (excellent) and mm when i had a classic rangie but not delt for few years to be honest. recommend anyone for toys? anyone else recommend any suppliers in particular?

Thumbs Up
Post #23837 8th Feb 2010 2:39pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Devon4x4 are good and fast dispatch Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #23838 8th Feb 2010 2:42pm
munsterlandy

devon 4x4
Quote:
Devon4x4 are good and fast dispatch Thumbs Up

thanks fekete. in past have found that some don't want to ship across the water so will try devon. Thumbs Up

unless grockle will pick up a sankey for me too for everything to fit into! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #23841 8th Feb 2010 2:51pm
Grockle

Re: devon 4x4
munsterlandy wrote:
Quote:
Devon4x4 are good and fast dispatch Thumbs Up

thanks fekete. in past have found that some don't want to ship across the water so will try devon. Thumbs Up

unless grockle will pick up a sankey for me too for everything to fit into! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

two in tandem ok Laughing 2.4 90 XS
Post #23845 8th Feb 2010 3:26pm
munsterlandy

sankey
you could stick mine on top upside down to keep everything nice and dry Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #23867 8th Feb 2010 7:06pm
munsterlandy

hmmm shower of langers
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

here goes.

just got truck back from dealer.
had clutch replaced due to usual springs issue. they also replaced hub flanges (all 4), uj bolts, diff-lock selector rod mechanism, fuel rail, fuel rail sensor, heater recirculate control mechanism. supposed to replace cable for control but obviously didn't cos 1st time i tried it driving out the gate it detached again due to stiffness! cable either not replaced and seized or pinched somewhere between heater box & control lever?

anyway she drives much better no judder & shifts silky smooth, clutch light which is a first for any LR I've driven since childhood!! 1st at 10 was s11A Laughing

main bone of contention is that the b4stard who did clutch took stanley knife to tunnel carpet to access gaiter for gear levers! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I just cannot believe that someone would do that even if they didn't like the vehicle. It's sliced from heater vent right out to the seatbox end of the hi/lo selector.

anyone any ideas about how to keep my cool when i bring it back again?

ps i know that it was mentioned on another thread sometime ago but has anyone got the lo box indicator light working on the dash? if so was it a remedy or working from new.

rant over for now many thanks
Thumbs Up
Post #25753 4th Mar 2010 12:26am
Grockle

ring LR customer services to make them aware of what the butchers of Ireland did,when ours went in for it's first service some arse danced on the wing tops Mad

anyway how are ya Ml 2.4 90 XS

Last edited by Grockle on 7th Mar 2010 8:50am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #25764 4th Mar 2010 9:45am
Cannonball

Ireland 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
With you there Munsterlandy, carpet also "Stanley Knifed" in similar fashion when transfer box and clutch replaced late last year! Difflock inoperative since then as well, just called in to get it looked at, now have to leave it in to have the gearbox dropped again for a few days when I get back from holiday at the end of March.
Post #25771 4th Mar 2010 12:49pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Sounds like criminal damage to me. I would log a complaint with the local Gardai then tell the dealer principal what I have done. I'd also e-mail LR uk with the same info. I presume they will replace the trim they have damaged.Try contacting SIMI and the Dept of consumer affairs. I would not let it rest. Good luck. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #25798 4th Mar 2010 6:29pm
munsterlandy

Mad Mad Mad

hi all. still seething especially seeing as no call back today from service dept re carpet and heater. dealer only 20 k away so will take a run in tomorrow.

spudfan

fancy trip down seeing as you seem to be the right person to deal with the shower of langers! Laughing must say i'm a little quiet for these guys so will have to get myself worked up for them i reckon.

cannonball
did they say anything about carpet regarding replacement? I don't think that I could accept anything less than new replacement.

grockle

will be making call to LR after conversation tomorrow.

also got new steering box (new not service exchange @ €975 + 21%vat Shocked Shocked Shocked ) total spend on this visit on parts is just under €3000 Shocked gear lever still rattling due to selector wear as per previous posts. originally told that box had to be out to check. Having driven it I asked if they replaced it & I was told that he forgot to check it! well seeing as carpet is shredded he can look at it from inside vehicle now without too much difficulty
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

any of our UK brethren had similar issues with trim destruction when gearbox out?

Thumbs Up
Post #25822 4th Mar 2010 10:18pm
Grockle

there's a mod for the rattling gearlever/selector 2.4 90 XS
Post #25847 5th Mar 2010 9:21am
Cannonball

Ireland 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Munsterlandy, not making an issue about carpet replacement yet as still having problems with gearbox/clutch/transfer box that I hope will be resolved the next time it goes in to the dealer for a "holiday". Presume they would only slice it again if replaced now!

Hoping, now that OHM group have taken over the Land Rover franchise after LR Ireland closed down last year, it will be easier to get these outstanding issues resolved locally, as for the last 12 months or so my dealer seems to have been facing an uphill battle with LRUK to get warranty issues sorted promptly. Another problem is that many dealers down here have not had much in the way of TDCi stock to test drive to compare with my vehicle. At the moment it seems the attitude is the usual "well it is a truck after all and characteristic of the marque". However I have had the chance to drive a couple of 2009 models in the UK which are far superior to the driveability of mine.

Second annual service is due in June and if the problems are not sorted I'll be off to Toppings for a second opinion/warranty work. I have been in contact with them and they would be only too happy to rectify any warranty issues.
Post #25855 5th Mar 2010 10:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>