↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Events > First time to Billing fest
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jonestalker

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Indus Silver
First time to Billing fest
I have not taken my new Defender 90 off road because of issues over the past year which I now hope is all in the past.
As a pick me up for not being off road I have booked to do the off road at Billing, a first for me, I would like to take my grandson on the drive as well he is three years old and is a defender nut already. I I'm sure there are many on this forum who have done the Billing off road experience please advise.

Ian
Post #251320 14th Jul 2013 9:38pm
Bows

Wales 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Alpine White
You'll all love it, there are photographers en route so you can even get a photo album to cherish. Thumbs Up
Post #251351 14th Jul 2013 11:02pm
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
it's not too challenging, remember to set diff lock for some ofthe more interesting parts! BM52
Post #251353 14th Jul 2013 11:14pm
Lishlandy

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 X-Tech LE Orkney Grey
Watch out for stones hitting the air con Wink

It's not so tricky, but a good indicator of some of the capabilities for the defender. Watch out for anything only bolted on as I have heard gipsy's come with a toolbag and shed the weight of your heavy defender for you. They even take away all the heavy parts that they have relieved you of FOC! Very kind of them Big Cry ===================================
Steve
90 xs sw in Stonoway Grey - Sold
110 USW X-TECH
Post #251362 15th Jul 2013 6:35am
smb

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Lishlandy wrote:

It's not so tricky, but a good indicator of some of the capabilities for the defender. Watch out for anything only bolted on as I have heard gipsy's come with a toolbag and shed the weight of your heavy defender for you. They even take away all the heavy parts that they have relieved you of FOC! Very kind of them Big Cry

It's such a shame they get so much bad press when they are this helpful!!! You can't knock them for trying to 'up' their image.
I just received a letter at work from our Halton(I've got too much bl..dy money) Borough Council who are happy to inform us that they are considering a permanent Travellers site providing 12 pitches, inc 12 Hard Standings, 12 Single Storey "LUXURY" Amenity Buildings with Timber Boundary Fencing to all pitches, their own access road WITH Speed Bumps, Street Lighting, Water, Gas AND Electricity.
They do say, which is very nice of them, that if we object they will post our objection letters for ALL to see!!!! Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored
Post #251663 16th Jul 2013 11:31am
schuee

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Lishlandy wrote:

It's not so tricky, but a good indicator of some of the capabilities for the defender. Watch out for anything only bolted on as I have heard gipsy's come with a toolbag and shed the weight of your heavy defender for you. They even take away all the heavy parts that they have relieved you of FOC! Very kind of them Big Cry

I have heard stories like these, though all the years we have been going I suppose we have been lucky and nothing has ever happened Smile
We have been on the off road course loads of times and always the kids love it, we particularly like the water splash and mud run, especially when ever anything Japanese gets into a pickle, there is always a bit of jeering from the crowds watching, though always in good fun though Laughing

Keith
Post #251665 16th Jul 2013 11:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1