↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Dinitrol
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pjb

Dinitrol
Anyone have a recommendation for anyone in Oxfordshire area to do this ?

Got a new 90 HT coming in September & this is one of the first jobs that needs doing & looking to see if anyone had any experience of anyone local who can do this as not sure swmbo will let me do it on our shared drive ! & might struggle to do it in the garage.

Killer is a bit far away & I'm worried if it goes to him I think I will end up getting him to do lots of other things on my long list whilst there, dynamat, svx side steps, steering wheel etc & I'll soon have spent a small fortune !! 2020 P300 HSE
Post #247964 1st Jul 2013 10:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
I think Chris, aka Killer90 does it. He is a perfectionist and Jeremy uses him for his which must be a good advert!

He is local to where you are collecting the new one from too. 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #247965 1st Jul 2013 10:31am
iPints

United States 1994 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Re: Dinitrol
pjb wrote:
Killer is a bit far away & I'm worried if it goes to him I think I will end up getting him to do lots of other things on my long list whilst there, dynamat, svx side steps, steering wheel etc & I'll soon have spent a small fortune !!

Yes, he is bit like that...I am off there soon and I intend on leaving my wallet at home. Rolling with laughter The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead.

Albert Einstein
Post #247966 1st Jul 2013 10:49am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
iPints.....

Is Hoboman 4X4 still in Faringdon? When I was stationed at Brize Norton a few years ago now I supplied my own Waxoyl and he did the work on my Discovery. Damn fine job he did too at a very reasonable price. Used to use him for other Land Rover related bits 'n' bobs too! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #247973 1st Jul 2013 11:08am
iPints

K9F wrote:
iPints.....

Is Hoboman 4X4 still in Faringdon? When I was stationed at Brize Norton a few years ago now I supplied my own Waxoyl and he did the work on my Discovery. Damn fine job he did too at a very reasonable price. Used to use him for other Land Rover related bits 'n' bobs too!

Not that I am aware of. I use MiD Engineering in Wantage most of the time, not sure if they underseal. I have asked the question and currently awaiting an answer of if they can and approx cost. The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead.

Albert Einstein
Post #247984 1st Jul 2013 11:32am
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Thumbs Up Cheers Simon, i promise ill hide everything out of sight not to cause temptation Twisted Evil Whistle Rolling with laughter CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #248003 1st Jul 2013 1:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjb

Chris,

Perhaps you had better give me a price to Dinitrol a brand new 90 HT - arriving end Sept at HGG

Looks like I might as well get delivered straight to you Thumbs Up

Off Topic Simon we perhaps need to see if we can bulk buy the upgrades as we appear to be going a similar route Laughing 2020 P300 HSE
Post #248009 1st Jul 2013 1:28pm
Thor

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
I spoke to FrogsIsland on Milton Park near Didcot about it a few years ago, can't remember prices or anything but maybe worth a phone call. Also there's MID Engineering near wantage, but never spoke to them about it.

No connection to either company except I've spent and no doubt will continue to spend money at both places!! Strong people are harder to kill and generally more useful!
Post #248021 1st Jul 2013 2:22pm
pjb

Hi Thor,

I was really trying to find somewhere where someone had had it done Thumbs Up yes I know them & James French in Standlake who I have used before but not for this.

Might see if Chris aka (Killer90) can do it direct from the dealers.

Thanks Thor maybe see you on Oxford meet - just waiting for confirmation of where I'm working before I say yes I can meet Thumbs Up 2020 P300 HSE
Post #248064 1st Jul 2013 4:37pm
iPints

I have spoken to Mark at MID Engineering and he said he is happy to do it but this isn't his bread and butter and you'd be better off going to some like Before and After. Basically he can do it but there are better people out there who can probably do a better job as this is what they do everyday.

He did say anything else he is happy to do as well.

For my money CSK would be the place to go. The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead.

Albert Einstein
Post #248457 2nd Jul 2013 8:01pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Thumbs Up Cheers for all the recommendations guys, it means alot Wink Im picking Simon's new purchase up direct from HGG for some CSK loving Wink CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #248475 2nd Jul 2013 8:43pm
pjb

Hi Chris

I'll send you a pm of what I would like Whistle

Thumbs Up

PJB 2020 P300 HSE
Post #248478 2nd Jul 2013 8:51pm
Thor

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
iPints wrote:
I have spoken to Mark at MID Engineering and he said he is happy to do it but this isn't his bread and butter and you'd be better off going to some like Before and After. Basically he can do it but there are better people out there who can probably do a better job as this is what they do everyday.

For my money CSK would be the place to go.

iPints, I was just about to say exactly the same thing as I collected my truck from MID and had exactly the same conversation with Mark...haha Strong people are harder to kill and generally more useful!
Post #248484 2nd Jul 2013 9:04pm
iPints

Thor wrote:
iPints wrote:

For my money CSK would be the place to go.

iPints, I was just about to say exactly the same thing as I collected my truck from MID and had exactly the same conversation with Mark...haha

PJB, i can highly recommend MID Engineering for service items........ The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead.

Albert Einstein
Post #248508 2nd Jul 2013 9:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1