↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Craddocks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
iPints

United States 1994 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Craddocks
I am not sure this is in the right palce so mods please feel free to move this if required.

I ordered a new light bar for the roof of the land as the one I made looks ok but I wanted a light bar that clamps to the gutter. So I ordered this part from Craddocks :

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/land-rove...dmark.html

It has been three weeks now and they cant give me a delivery date although they have taken the money!!!. Rolling Eyes No idea why they cant talk to the supplier and give an estimation. So shoudl I cancel the order, I thought Craddocks had a pretty good reputation, maybe this is just a one off??? Whats everyone else's experiance with them?

I think I might order one of the Rocard ones instead as they look good and are low profile....anyone got experiance with them?
Post #225392 8th Apr 2013 11:53am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Stick their nuts in a vice and say without an estimate for delivery you wish to cancel your order as you've found an alternative readily available and are not prepared to wait!

Only you know how you feel and the decision should be yours not ours! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #225399 8th Apr 2013 11:59am
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Normally Craddocks are very good.
You seem to have hit an off day. 
Post #225406 8th Apr 2013 12:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
smb

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Unfortunately, that is what they are good at. The robbing Censored s!

Apart from the fact that the sales numpties behind the counter treat you like you're insulting them to buy off them they are very quick to take your money.

They are very handy or were very handy(as I will never use them again) for me as I could pop in on the way back from Birmingham and London. The last time I used them was early last year when I ordered some chequer plate. They guaranteed it within 3 days. They took my card details, but promised not to take any money until it had arrived. 3 months later I had had enough of waiting and decided to call in and find out what's going on. No apologies, no explanation other than it wasn't their fault. They said they did have one in stock, but it had minor damage. OK, I thought. At least I may get a good deal to compensate for the messing about. Minor damage my ar.e! All welds broken and a corner bent. They offered knocking £15.00 off £345.00 for my troubles. When I said I wasn't interested that is when the guy started treating me like sh.te and I walked out telling them where they can stick my future business.

Got home, ordered it through Staffs4x4 and it arrived 3 days later. Day before I go to pick it up I receive a parcel from Craddocks with the bonnet chequer plate and the money taken out of my account. I phoned them and asked for an explanation. the phone went dead! When I did get to speak to some one there I explained the whole scenario, but wasn't interested. They said if I brought it back they would give me my money back less a handling charge.

I decided it wasn't worth £ 30.00 in fuel, 2 hours driving and having to face the t Censored ts. Thankfully Alex at Staffs4x4 said don't worry and sent their one back. Alex now gets my business all the time unless he can't source it.

I thought it was possibly me being unforgiving. That is what they made me think. However, last weekend a new Defender owner came up to me asking what the Def2.net is all about and we got talking. He wanted to know where he could buy stuff from as he had just had a bad experience. Guess where? Whilst he had an apology from the son for their staff behaviour he is another that will not be going back. He is rebuilding two 90's for his daughters and a series 1 for himself as well as just buying an Evoque for his wife and a FFRR for himself. They've lost a lot of business there.

Don't let your experience with Craddocks put you off though as there are a lot of decent people selling the same stuff mostly cheaper. You will find quite a few of them on here.
Post #225709 9th Apr 2013 9:51am
iPints

Well in fairness to Craddocks I got a full refund today. But I am still amazed that they can't and don't seem to want to contact the supplier for a delivery date. I am sure it would be worth a phone call!!!

Hey ho, all resolved now so I shall find another one.
Post #225750 9th Apr 2013 11:13am
cinstone

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Keswick Green
I go to Craddocks only when I really have to for bits for my Series IIa. Always get the "can't be bothered" attitude.

Far better bet is JL Services in Willenhall. Far nicer and easier to deal with.

Chris. http://shropshirelandrovers.freeforums.org

2015 Defender 90 XS SW & Helen, 1964 IIa. Previously 2012 Defender 90 XS SW & 2008 90 XS SW.

Previous LR's: Michael, my 2008 Defender 90 XS SW.

Machinas oportet intrare non capsicum annuum faveo
Post #226677 12th Apr 2013 8:09pm
RobKeay

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I'll second JL services.
Post #226686 12th Apr 2013 8:30pm
iPints

Just bought a ROC-ARD light bar, the owner called me the net day and explained the one I wanted would be a couple of weeks. So I decided on a different design and reordered. The owner was a really nice chap and we chatted for a while. He has some really different designs.

http://www.roc-ard.co.uk/

Check his website out.
Post #226687 12th Apr 2013 8:34pm
fusionfanatic

United Kingdom 
iPints wrote:
Just bought a ROC-ARD light bar, the owner called me the net day and explained the one I wanted would be a couple of weeks. So I decided on a different design and reordered. The owner was a really nice chap and we chatted for a while. He has some really different designs.

http://www.roc-ard.co.uk/

Check his website out.

Thanks for the plugs, we do try best to make what the customer wants!
Post #233649 7th May 2013 10:07pm
borderterrier

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Ah yes, Fanny Craddocks who have on more than one occasion sent me the wrong parts when I was rebuilding a Series 3. More recently they were unable to tell me if an under cubby safe they sell would fit a 2.2 Puma. Quite prepared to sell it me though!
Post #233671 7th May 2013 10:39pm
22900013A

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Keswick Green
I find them fine if you ring up with a part number etc, but they don't tell you if what they are sending is britpart, genuine or whatever, and postage doesn't come cheap either.
I did laugh once when some years ago one of their telephone bods informed me quite catagorically that my IIA 1-Ton was a "hybrid I had built myself, as it could not have ENV axles under it" The other good one was that extended spring shackles do not move the springs any further from the chassis...hmmm. 2011 110 USW
1973 Series III 1-Ton
1972 Series III 1-Ton Cherrypicker
1969 IIA 1-Ton
1966 IIA 88"
Post #240713 3rd Jun 2013 1:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1