Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Devon 4x4
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
appaloosadude

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Havana
Devon 4x4
Oh dear.

Had a rather heated exchange with their telephone operator the other day, who, when asked to pass a message to Martin, became less than accommodating, giving me a very patronising tone, and made a sarcastic comment about "being a good little girl, and doing as I'm told". I hung up at that point.

Note to D44: I do not need to be told you are the only stockist of GKN overdrive parts, I know this, hence the reason I called you.
Post #236725 18th May 2013 10:38pm
Defender-Stu

United Kingdom 
Hi,

I will pass this on to Liz and Simon for you as D44 are friends of mine, do you have any contact details?
Also please let me know the date of this call and a name of the person you spoke to if you have that?

Stu
Post #236728 18th May 2013 10:48pm
pope10001

United Kingdom 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Zermatt Silver
I am extremely shocked, really! I find it difficult to believe, knowing all of the staff personally and I doubt Liz would have let that happen within her earshot, the office is only about 10'x10' with her desk in the far corner.

I know that both Liz and Simon will be very interested to hear of your experience.

Sorry you have had a bad experience...

Regards,

Mark
Post #236769 19th May 2013 8:34am
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
so you phoned and asked to speak to Martin and got an earfull?

must be more to this story surely

D44 have always been superb with me and i rate them highly. Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #236772 19th May 2013 9:34am
Liz Buck

Dear Appaloosadude,

I’m sorry you feel so aggrieved. As you have chosen to air your complaint on a public forum you leave me no choice but to make the situation clear to all.

You called to speak with Martin (our manager) for advice and a diagnosis with regard to a fault with your overdrive, Martin was unavailable at that time and I proposed that you call later or if you prefer I would get Martin to return your call.

As you were going to work you wanted me to take the information and relay it to Martin and then for him to leave you a message on your answer phone diagnosing the fault. There are several reasons I couldn’t and wouldn’t do this, the first being quite often important points get lost when the message is relayed, secondly with diagnosis such as this you will be asked several questions in order to get a complete picture.
At this point you became quite condescending, I would add that you were not abusive or shouting, you just didn’t want to listen me, very poor behaviour for someone requesting advice, and then you informed me that you would go elsewhere, I informed you that there are very few, if any, other companies that either have the technical knowledge or a stock of spare parts for the ‘R’ type overdrive, you then put the phone down on me.

Basically you wanted us to diagnose a technical issue via a message, sorry but we just cannot do that.

Devon 4x4 strive to offer and provide good customer services, we regularly provide free information and support to customers, however I/we will not tolerate being treated in that manner, please remember you put the phone down on me.

Liz Buck
Director
Post #237434 21st May 2013 11:53am
Defender-Stu

United Kingdom 
What she said Whistle

Totally agree with Liz Thumbs Up , I have alway delt with D44 as they have ALWAYs been helpful to me and others I know, with parts and issues and have alway offered me to pop down to see what they can do to help etc. This is why I asked for the details above and there was a reason for this!

Sorry but i cant stand people who slag off company's/friends when not all the truth is given in the first place!

Liz is such a lovely women and her and her team are always there to help at the end of the phone but not everything can be done via phone, as I know as I work in a call centre

So I think there is a apology needed here and I think others would agree with me?
Post #237448 21st May 2013 12:38pm
appaloosadude

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Havana
Dear Liz,

Thank you for replying, I've only aired my view here, as I hoped that someone would respond, and indeed you have. I do understand your point, and I think perhaps it was a bit "six of one and half a dozen". I would like to apologise if I upset you on the phone, as that was most definitely not my intention. I am sure, that you understand the various frustrations of Land Rover ownership, and just how testing it can be when the vehicle you are relying on, has a failure of some sort - hence my perhaps hurried and impatient manner on the phone. I was on my way to work, and thought that perhaps you could pass on my descriptions for Martin to mull over, and advise if there was a part or parts that might be at fault, and I would, of course call back at a time when I could devote my full attention to Martin. I should explain that my line of work offers no opportunity to take calls, or in fact to turn up late, once more, the reason I had little time to spend on the phone, and why I may have been short with you.

I do personally think that your telephone manner and attention to customer satisfaction at this time was less than brilliant.

As a point, your words to me were "we are the only people in the world who can supply these parts".
It was at this point I decided I was getting nowhere and yes, I did hang up.

To resolve this would be good for you and for me - I need my Overdrive fixing, and I'm sure that you would like to have my custom.
Therefore, I will call this week to sort it out, and hope that Martin is not on a breakdown!

Thanks

Daniel
(I think this is probably better than "Appaloosadude" on the phone. Thumbs Up )

To everyone else, my apologies for not responding sooner.
Post #237450 21st May 2013 12:55pm
Liz Buck

Thanks Daniel

Suggest you call right now as Martin is sitting at a desk beside me and he will be happy to help

Liz

001769 550900
Post #237454 21st May 2013 1:00pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Locking this thread as additional comment is not required.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #237456 21st May 2013 1:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 1