↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Events > Land Rover Spring Adventure at Harrogate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
ClaireWright wrote:
As Peter said...wet yesterday but today was lovely and hot towards the end,we packed up and left at 4:40 got home in two hours...was nice seeing you pete and ur mum and dad and anyone else we saw Smile
Roll on the next show

Was nice to see you too Claire! And the dogs Very Happy See you at the next show!
(ps: I did get my wallet out one more time after we last spoke! I bought an Oz Tent chair Wink )

Steve- I did mean to say hello but I completely forgot, and then I came to see you just before I left, but you were heading off into the arena for the twist off! How did that go? An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #236967 19th May 2013 8:24pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
We are still here as it is often more civilised to pack up at leisure and go home in the morning. We can't shove the caravan back into storage after 5 either. It was lovely having a beer and tea sat out in the evening sunshine.
Shame yesterday wasn't like today either but the sunshine being despatched from Dubai was delayed in transit. Big Cry

Now all we have to do is go home unpack and start packing for the HUBB

Barbara
Post #236969 19th May 2013 8:28pm
ClaireWright

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Keswick Green
Well done pete on getting ur wallet out lol....so glad we moved from the mud pitch which was taped off today I noticed ,see you at the next show
Post #236971 19th May 2013 8:28pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
mk1collector wrote:
I went for the afternoon and bought a couple of bits including some black chequer plate for my sills but when I've unwrapped them fully I've ended up with two drivers side pieces Big Cry the worst bit is I can't remember the name of the company so if anyone knows who was on stand either 120, 121 or 122 (not sure on exact number as I've just gone off the plan in the programme) that had a new td5 head in the middle of the tent and a load of leaf springs (all new) etc on the floor could they let me know the name Embarassed
Cheers
Ray

I can't help as I only managed to stray as far as the ice cream van. But if you don't get any joy why not give Kelly at live promotions a ring and ask her because the published list of who was where won't be much use considering the number of folk who got moved.

Barbara
Post #236974 19th May 2013 8:32pm
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
Yer was ok gum not easy in fifth low but I did it lol I'm sure we will catch each over at another show Thumbs Up 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #236978 19th May 2013 8:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
mk1collector wrote:
I went for the afternoon and bought a couple of bits including some black chequer plate for my sills but when I've unwrapped them fully I've ended up with two drivers side pieces Big Cry the worst bit is I can't remember the name of the company so if anyone knows who was on stand either 120, 121 or 122 (not sure on exact number as I've just gone off the plan in the programme) that had a new td5 head in the middle of the tent and a load of leaf springs (all new) etc on the floor could they let me know the name Embarassed
Cheers
Ray

Are you sure that they are handed, the last set I got would fit either side.
Post #236982 19th May 2013 8:36pm
GUM97

Brendan- Can I just say that I bought my chair from you, and your guys were fantastic! They couldn't do enough to help! I hope the show went well for you Thumbs Up An engine to TDi for!
Post #236983 19th May 2013 8:36pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
ARC99 wrote:
mk1collector wrote:
Cheers
Ray

Are you sure that they are handed, the last set I got would fit either side.

Definitely handed, it's for a 110 csw so the bit that slots under the doors are longer for the front than the 2nd row doors Big Cry
Post #236996 19th May 2013 8:52pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
leeds wrote:
mk1collector wrote:
Cheers
Ray

I can't help as I only managed to stray as far as the ice cream van. But if you don't get any joy why not give Kelly at live promotions a ring and ask her because the published list of who was where won't be much use considering the number of folk who got moved.

Barbara

Thanks ill try that Thumbs Up
Post #236997 19th May 2013 8:53pm
Landie Boy

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Re: It's over!
GUM97 wrote:
Well the show is finished. I was there from Friday until today, camping over. It didn't start too well for me. The journey over there should have taken about two hours, but instead took nearly seven hours Shocked The M62 was a car park after a truck crash! Got there, pitched up, had some food and then it started to rain. Saturday morning, it did nothing but rain until about half twelve. I got soaked through to the skin Big Cry Thanks very much to BAS for selling me an umbrella! Embarassed

Today was much better weather wise, and I actually caught the sun a little bit! Packed up and was gone by three o'clock ish. I bought some new side steps, and then a few other little bits.

It was nice to see some other forum members there, although I didn't speak to everyone. I meant to see Big Steve and Pam, but I didn't Embarassed Both 90's looked great though! And Steve's sounded great!

A forum member was camping about 20 metres away from me, but I didn't see the sticker until early this morning! A grey 110 USW, with private plate?

Did it begin with K5? With a roof rack, winch and raised air intake?

Jack
Post #237002 19th May 2013 9:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pam W

England 1998 Defender 90 Td5 SW Auto Oslo Blue
We had a good time at the show too - met new people and caught up with some folks we hadn't seen in years!

I enjoyed chatting to people who came to visit us on our club stand and, talking about our club on the PA system in the main arena! Cool stuff Thumbs Up Our blog - http://landytravels.com/

Yorkshire Off Road Club - http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net
Post #237007 19th May 2013 9:09pm
GUM97

Landie Boy wrote:

That's the one! I'm assuming it was you then? Thumbs Up An engine to TDi for!
Post #237011 19th May 2013 9:18pm
238kirk

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 SW Belize Green
I went today with the other half and my little lad, had a great day and the weather was kind, recognised a few forum members cars but didn't speak to anyone, big steves 3.2 was looking and sounding well despite the gbox problems Thumbs Up
Post #237018 19th May 2013 9:26pm
Landie Boy

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
GUM97 wrote:
Landie Boy wrote:

That's the one! I'm assuming it was you then? Thumbs Up

Haha yeh me and my dad,

We arrived Friday night and left around 10 today (stopping off at the offroad site)... We have a 4 hour trip back.

Jack
Post #237029 19th May 2013 9:48pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Visited Sunday - after seeing the forecast for the weekend and pleasantly surprised to see the amount of hard standing available to walk around on. Ground conditions in the main were pretty good.

Have to say the number of trade stands was not quite as large as I had hoped and i was expecting to get some Mammouth wing top chequer plate but didn't find anyone selling it.

Also disappointed that the main dealer there, Armstrong Massey, didn't have any 110s on display.

Footfall seemed quite low in the morning but picked up considerably in the afternoon.

Some photos from the day, starting with the car park - sometimes the most interesting place to wander around:

Fantastic paint job, not sure if the rest was finished or still a work in progress:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Absolutely cracking 90:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Another good looking DCPU:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Hard to know what to say about this but it obviously worked for a living:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Snatch:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

and then into the show:

Flatdog's DCPU camper. Young chap I spoke to was very helpful:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Rusty wheelnuts - the debate continues as to whether it's best to cover:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Maybe not to everyone's taste but looked very well finished and loved the Recaro seats in the back as well as the front. RRS wheels?:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

A real snorkle:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

and interesting to see they mount main tube on both edges of the windscreen pillar:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

as well as using a spacer when mounting the sump guard but not sure why:
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #237120 20th May 2013 10:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>