Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
marsie

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
especially for Greeni
Nicked from the D3 forum Thumbs Up

Tongue firmly in cheek:

"The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe the volume of traffic. It DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road!
I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway! The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn. Unbelievably, I had to do the same manouevre again before I could get to the Porsche lane.

Anyway, once I was in the Porsche lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me. I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the Porsche lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph! Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the Porsche lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a Porsche behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car. Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my drivers licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on (they're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3). But the man at the police station said that because I drive a Porsche, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a Porsche!"

Paul Mr. Green 2000 90 TD5,galv chassis, d2 axles ,Bas remap , alisport intercooler , d2 transfer box , side windows-more to come-much more!! *GONE*
2004 110 TD5 Double cab. *GONE*
2010 110 2.4 XS station wagon
Post #235585 14th May 2013 9:48pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Laughing Marsie, you're a star. Bow down

Now, I'm going quote something Mrs Greeni said to me, as we drove the awesome road from The Winking Man to Bakewell via Crowdecote.

"you drove the 90 faster"
Thumbs Up
Post #235940 15th May 2013 10:34pm
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #236123 16th May 2013 7:43pm
marsie

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
GREENI wrote:

"you drove the 90 faster"
Thumbs Up

You may have something there?? I get accused of driving like a loon in the 90 but get no comments when in my 320bhp Audi?? Maybe just "feels" faster in the 90 Rolling with laughter
Paul Mr. Green 2000 90 TD5,galv chassis, d2 axles ,Bas remap , alisport intercooler , d2 transfer box , side windows-more to come-much more!! *GONE*
2004 110 TD5 Double cab. *GONE*
2010 110 2.4 XS station wagon
Post #236136 16th May 2013 8:42pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
You can see over hedgerows in a 90........ And go through them safely Thumbs Up
Post #236158 16th May 2013 9:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1