↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > ruberising the back
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Delskinz

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Tonga Green
They've has just sent me through some pictures of a Defender they've recently worked on - I think it looks amazing!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

They also sent through an article on Line-X run by Land Rover World, I can't upload it to the forum due to the size but if anyone is interested drop me a pm and I'll email it.

Regarding costs it depends on what you want done, but a normal pick-up liner is around £350+VAT with a lifetime guarantee. So if you see it as a boot liner, moisture barrier and sound deadening it's not too bad......although out of my reach at the moment Big Cry .
Post #229864 23rd Apr 2013 11:58am
whiskywalker

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Zambezi Silver
Fantastic job, funny i've just decided to remove my back seats out of my 2004 SW 90 because they just take up so much room and i never use them. Got 2 spaniels so this would be fantastic. I see they have a place in Aberdeen and I'm up there working in a couple of weeks so i think i will pop in and see them. Life time garrentee can't complain at that. O by the way is that a landrover fit ladder anyone help on that?

Thanks for the post
Post #229882 23rd Apr 2013 1:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Welshsurferdude wrote:
Haha they were generous! its just worn right out after 160,000miles worth of stuff sliding around in the back!

Ive just had my 110 back after a week in the garage having its warped head reskimmed! So I want to drive it as ive missed the old girl!

Got brand new BFG AT's on mods to put on and pack the old tyres up for the courier as ive sold them!

New winch bumper and husky to go on when bumper arrives!

And what are you doing in Cardiff Geo?

Ah crikey I have just had the head gasket scare Shocked but thankfully it ended up just being the fuel heater o-rings... Not a good prospect. Bet the ol'TD5 flies now it has been rebuilt though Thumbs Up

Sounds very much like you are buying the 110 a lot of "welcome back ol'girl" pressies Wink I miss having the winch out front, is another thing I have on my list to repair.

Cardiff is kind of a 2nd home as my partner is currently doing a Phd there. Heading down to pick her up on Friday, then back up to Shrewsbury on Saturday for the Lau concert, then we are off to France and Spain for a month... Very Happy Cannot wait, been planning for nearly a year now.

Oh and the trick is to keep buying gifts for your 110 so you remain in favour and it'll break down less... Wink
Post #229927 23rd Apr 2013 4:06pm
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
Line-X. Where do I start? (I nearly became a Line-X dealer recently!, but I didn't!)

The Line-X coating is simply a Polyurea coating. It really is a great product. It's waterproof, is very abrasion resistant, prevents rust/corrosion, and takes very little time to be applied.
The coating process goes like this. There are two main parts to the coating, which are mixed in the spray gun. As this happens, a chemical reaction happens which means that the costing dries within seconds of being applied (5-8 seconds to be precise).
With regards to cost, it really isn't cheap! But you get what you pay for! I've currently got Line-X in a number of breakdown/recovery vehicles, and also HGVs, and I've never had any problems with it at all.

HTH Thumbs Up An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #229944 23rd Apr 2013 5:18pm
MrFlips

Wales 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Santorini Black
If you're going down the Line X route, then why stop at just the pick-up bed! Admittedly he's gone a little OTT, but I like the paint on this! Peter
2008 SWB Truck Cab
1952 80" Soft top
Post #230803 26th Apr 2013 8:58pm
Delskinz

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Tonga Green
MrFlips wrote:
If you're going down the Line X route, then why stop at just the pick-up bed! Admittedly he's gone a little OTT, but I like the paint on this!

So wrong but so cool.....
Post #230833 26th Apr 2013 11:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12