↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > FS - Sankey Wide Track Trailer - SOLD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
FS - Sankey Wide Track Trailer - SOLD
Offered for sale is my Sankey Wide Track trailer. I bought it with a view to using it as a base for a camping trailer but a change in circumstances means that's no longer on the cards.

Click image to enlarge

This trailer is the Mk III disc-braked version.

Good points:

It's complete with all of the various original fixtures and fittings and everything works as it should.

The tyres are in good condition. They aren't the ones that were fitted when I bought it, which really were poor, but they aren't new either.

Since I bought it last year I've replaced the hitch with a good used one as the original had lost its' damping ability, and I've added the canvas cover shown in the pic.

The lights have all been converted to 12v and it's currently fitted with a 13 pin towing plug. This can easily be changed to a 7 pin 12N socket of required.

The chassis is in excellent condition with no rust.

Bad points:

The tub is in pretty poor condition. It's had a bump on the rear RH corner (nearest in attached pic) at some point and so is slightly crumpled. It's also quite rusty around the bases of the wheel arches, which is a common problem with these. Having said that, none of this really affects its' function as a trailer - it just doesn't look very pretty. The tailgate works and I've been cheerfully using it for carting stuff about in.

The master cylinder reservoir has what appears to be a hairline crack in it. It's not actually leaking and the brakes work fine, but I do have a brand new reservoir to fit that will be included in the sale.

As ever with these trailers, it tows brilliantly and just looks right behind a Defender.

I'm asking £300 for this piece of ex-military hardware.

You will, of course, need a NATO hitch to tow it away. I may be able to help with delivery though within reason, particularly as I know the furstrations of finding one of these things only to discover that it's at the other end of the country!

It's currently in Deepcut, Surrey and I'm more than happy for anybody interested to come and take a look. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia

Last edited by LandRoverAnorak on 17th Apr 2013 10:31pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #228283 17th Apr 2013 8:38pm
JeremyJ

United Kingdom 
PM sent
Post #228296 17th Apr 2013 8:52pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
14 minutes to sell. Blimey that was quick! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #228390 18th Apr 2013 5:33am
JeremyJ

United Kingdom 
Cool
Post #228392 18th Apr 2013 5:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1