↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Another carpark incident....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
spudfan

Ireland 
Another carpark incident....
The wife had another encounter in the carpark of a supermarket today. A man approached her to chat about the Puma. She always gets excited about these encounters as she seems to think that they -the men- are just using the Puma as an exscuse to chat to her.Anyway here's something I put on the Australian site some years ago regarding a similar incident.
Sitting in the Land Rover in a carpark with the Mrs. and two kids, when I noticed someone in a van looking steadily in our direction. I said to the Mrs "He's either looking at the Land Rover or he fancies you"
"I think he fancies me" said the Mrs.
Anyway the driver of the van got out and came in our direction, so I got out and headed to meet him.Cue Clint Eastwood music here. Anyway we meet about halfway and stopped.
"Nice wagon" he said.
"Thank you" I said wondering if he was talking about the wife or the Defender.
"Nice body" he said. I agreed still not knowing whether he was talking about the Mrs or the Defender.
"Mind if I look at her chassis? " he asked.
Bit of a dilemma this as I was still uncertain whether he was talking about the Mrs. or the Defender. The problem was solved by the stranger heading across the carpark and lying under the Land Rover.
Anyway a good discussion ensued as you can well imagine.

_________________ 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #225070 6th Apr 2013 4:17pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I hope he paid for any additional parking fees ?

Laughing
Post #225076 6th Apr 2013 4:47pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Not scoping to nick it?
Post #225079 6th Apr 2013 5:00pm
Pam W

England 1998 Defender 90 Td5 SW Auto Oslo Blue
I came out of the supermarket the other day to find a chap in his late 60s/early 70s and his missus having a good look at the winch on my 90.

So, I strolled up and, as you do, smiled and asked if they had any questions. As it turned out the chap used to drive rally cars but also has a soft spot for Land Rovers (he used to have a Freelander, as more practical than a Defender!). He was even wearing a Land Rover fleece jacket, although they drive a little eurobox now. So ensued a very friendly chat about my plans for Australia, the roll cage, the roof tent, our other Land Rovers, etc. His missus decided to leave us to it and went off into the shop when she got cold and bored.

What a very pleasant and friendly encounter, gotta love the Defender thing! Thumbs Up Our blog - http://landytravels.com/

Yorkshire Off Road Club - http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net
Post #225083 6th Apr 2013 5:16pm
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Happens certainly.

My wife is the main driver of our Defender and she drove it all days (I work only 40 min walking from my house) and she allways have this kind of incidents.

The other day she was stooped in the traffic when a car pass veryyyy slowly at her side looking the Defender from the tail to the head. The car stopped at the side of our Defender with the guy inside looking all the details. Sudendly the car in front of her started to move and my wife also.

The guy in the car also starting to move still looking the Defender but unfortunately the car in front of him doesnt start and he hit it. She feels very guilty but she laught a lot.

Cheers Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #225150 7th Apr 2013 2:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1