↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > More comfortable seats at a budget
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mountain_man

Wales 
I guess the choice from breakers is not so great over there. I managed to buy a tidy set of full leather Recaros from a Sierra Cosworth which I fitted in mine. Having rebuilt the seatbox to give a custom floor the mounting wasn't such an issue as in a standard defender. Seats obviously cleaned up since the rebuild.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #224609 4th Apr 2013 5:07pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
Mountain_man wrote:
I guess the choice from breakers is not so great over there. I managed to buy a tidy set of full leather Recaros from a Sierra Cosworth which I fitted in mine. Having rebuilt the seatbox to give a custom floor the mounting wasn't such an issue as in a standard defender. Seats obviously cleaned up since the rebuild.

Very nice Thumbs Up it is a funny thing here. UK scrap yards buy to strip and sell. Cypriot scrap yards buy to store for a few years and then strip to sell at high prices because other spares for that vehicle are unavailable. I did think about fitting a pair of Defender seats in the back of the DC but for a 10 year old set of seats (cover and foam would have needed changing AND the frame would have needed de-rusting and painting) I got quoted £200 each!!!.... and they wonder why they cant sell things and the economy is in crisis Rolling Eyes

UPDATE:

Seat frame/ runners have been re-jigged and now I am happy with it Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Very happy with the result- Even the missus says she 'really likes it'!! Now that is a seal of approval!! (sorry about the picture quality). Now all I need to do is make up the Driver's side ones (had to do work today instead of tinkering with the LR Sad ). Will take about 40mins and then will be spraying them up.

Another plus point which I forgot to mention: The angle iron for the runners was free (doing people favours and asking for nothing in return pays off in the long run Smile ). So overall cost for everything is: £330

Glyn Dog :sheep:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #224924 5th Apr 2013 7:15pm
BigWheels

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Seat manufacturers like ET lose out by insisting on only selling pairs of seats. If a single seat is required, where do you go?! Land Rover Defenders. 67 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy. Ta ta Defender
Post #224952 5th Apr 2013 8:40pm
Mountain_man

Wales 
I forgot to say I gave £100 for the pair for the Recaros Very Happy

Not rubbing it in mind Twisted Evil
Post #225009 6th Apr 2013 1:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12