↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Land Rover Enthusiasts Future Technology Project
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Land Rover Enthusiasts Future Technology Project
Hi all,

I have been asked by our engineering department to ask for your input regarding technology in our vehicles. We would appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Please take some time to fill out the survey below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewfo...SFlPUUE6MA

Thank you and regards,
Kelly
Post #224122 2nd Apr 2013 3:53pm
farmer giles

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Cairns Blue
Done

Kelly - please advise your IT survey team that these questionnaires are too long - i love my music in my truck but even i got bored filling in this one
Post #224123 2nd Apr 2013 4:09pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi Farmer Giles,

I will be sure to pass over your comments, thanks for attempting it anyway.

Kind regards,
Kelly
Post #224128 2nd Apr 2013 4:28pm
farmer giles

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Cairns Blue
no worries Thumbs Up

this survey was number three, and the other technology survey was number one, where is survey 2?

cheers
Post #224129 2nd Apr 2013 4:30pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi Farmer Giles,

These are the only surveys I have been asked to share, I am not sure what has happened to survey 2. Thanks again for your input.

Kind regards,
Kelly
Post #224130 2nd Apr 2013 4:32pm
Pam W

England 1998 Defender 90 Td5 SW Auto Oslo Blue
I've answered the survey, but like most questionnaires some of the questions were repetitive.

Also, it really feels geared up soooooo much to the 'other' Land Rover products and soooooo NOT the Defender! Wink
What I really WANTED to say to answer properly, wasn't really an option within that questionnaire.

So he is my PROPER answer below ! Thumbs Up

With a Defender, if it hasn't got the gear you want (whether than be off-road kit, extras for whatever work you do, ICE, etc) you just add it. The dash is easy to take apart and put stuff into yourself, unlike with a RR, Disco or whatever, for which you need special tools and would be concerned about screwing up the electronics or scratching the finish.

I wouldn't want to see Land Rover focus on the fancy bits like media and entertainment, when in reality the core customers who buy Defender are far more interested in the vehicle doing the job with as little fuss as possible. If you want a decent media player, you'll fit one that suits your needs/wants. Any 'new' re-designed Defender in the future should afford this to the customer too. Our blog - http://landytravels.com/

Yorkshire Off Road Club - http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net
Post #224137 2nd Apr 2013 4:55pm
pope10001

United Kingdom 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Zermatt Silver
Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive! Very long and repetitive!
Filled it in anyway!

Regards,

Mark
Post #224142 2nd Apr 2013 5:13pm
Tim_NZ

Australia 
Well, one thing is for sure, the replacement for the Defender is going to have a kicking audio system........
Post #224573 4th Apr 2013 1:55pm
JJ

United Kingdom 1987 Defender 110 V8 Petrol CSW Corris Grey
All done.
Post #224577 4th Apr 2013 2:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
TBH, the Defender's so noisy that I rarely use the radio...

On my XC70, and MrsK's Evoque, we use the radio much more frequently, because you can actually hear it at 70mph Thumbs Up Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #224578 4th Apr 2013 2:17pm
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
As others said, very long questionaire but done...

On the other hand with the LR Defender as it is, most of the funcionalities proposed were not useable.

I have a basic radio in my Defender with a front plug and use my old MP3 to listen music. IMHO a better system will be a waste of money.

No matter if the balance, trebble, bass or other adjustment are OK. With the external noise doesnt matter If I can hear without too much distortion its good.

Probably in other LRs I will be more exquisite in that (I fill the survey thinking in that), but I feel very comfortable in my Defender as it is Mr. Green

Cheers Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #224584 4th Apr 2013 3:07pm
Sonarmender

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Media.
It is nice to see that somebody is interested in the modern ways, there is nothing wrong with mixing new and old.
On that point, Land Rover should fit the Defender with a branded bluetooth stereo, as opposed to the option, non branded item. (Looks cheap and rather like some other inferior 4x4 manufacturers). Question Question You only have one life, live it....forget the cost.
90XS Hardtop
Post #224742 4th Apr 2013 10:59pm
YeomanOfTheBar

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Santorini Black
Re: Media.
Sonarmender wrote:
It is nice to see that somebody is interested in the modern ways, there is nothing wrong with mixing new and old.
On that point, Land Rover should fit the Defender with a branded bluetooth stereo, as opposed to the option, non branded item. (Looks cheap and rather like some other inferior 4x4 manufacturers). Question Question

The new trucks (as of MY13?) come with Alpine sets Thumbs Up 2013 Defender 110 XS DCPU
2016 Ford Mustang 5.0 V8
Post #224870 5th Apr 2013 3:39pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
What's all that to do with a defener filled it in half way and got bored Thumbs Up
Post #224901 5th Apr 2013 5:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1