Home > Off Topic > Is there any computer/ photo editor wizzes on here
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Is there any computer/ photo editor wizzes on here
After some help really, with my website i would like to have a photo slideshow on the homepage so it automatically flicks through say 4-5 images by its self. At the minute on my site homepage i have a main photo of a black 90 with svx grill drl bumper etc www.csklandrovers.co.uk i would like to keep this but say every 5 seconds it flicks to another photo. Anyone Help at all Cheers Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #219888 17th Mar 2013 3:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Send Martin a PM Thumbs Up
Post #219890 17th Mar 2013 3:56pm
VeeTee

Netherlands 
If you know a bit of html and javascipt coding, here is a great source of very useable code snippets:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/reelslideshow.htm Cheers, Vincent
1959 Polynorm 1/4 Ton Trailer, Olive Drab Green (sold)
1970 M416 Military Trailer (Camping Trailer Conversion), Epsom Green (sold)
1975 Series III 88 V6, Light Green (sadly sold)
1996 Defender 110 CSW 300 Tdi, Epsom Green (sold)
2000 Freelander 1 TD4 3-drs, Silver (sold)
2006 Freelander 1 TD4 5-drs Facelift Automatic, Tonga Green (sold)

MySite
Post #219892 17th Mar 2013 3:59pm
d j hutton

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
I've just be playing with a few website packages and made a site for our salon last week www.huttonshairdesign.com that came with the ability to make slide shows anywhere on the site including the home page header (Weebly website) but before that I found a couple of slidshow 'plugins' that were quite good.

Worth having a look for one of those depending on whether you can upload/ embed HTML onto your site. The best one I found was a Mac app which I'll dig out when I'm back in the office, although I'm pretty sure the will be a few for PC as well.

The weebly site maker was a free package and very easy to use, complete with a shop if you wanted to add it.

Dj 1989 200tdi 90 csw
2011 110 usw Orkney grey

Buy British 🇬🇧

Defender Clothing Designs available at http://www.rangesports.com/acatalog/Defender-Stuff.html
Post #219893 17th Mar 2013 4:07pm
davew

England 1990 Defender 90 V8 Petrol PU Auto Rioja Red
If you want to code it yourself have a look at jquery - it's a javascript library that makes things like slideshows a lot easier to create "manually".

Probably too late now but if you want a simple environment that allows you to install add ons/plugins/galleries/forums etc.. through a simple web interface then Wordpress is a very good option as a site framework. I've used it for everything from large corporate sites to startups for both info sites and e-commerce. It's the first CMS I've provided to customers where the customers do actually create and maintain their own content rather than phoning me every time.

I notice your current site and domain name is in breach of a number of UK, EU and Nominet requirements. You may want to consider looking at sorting those, if you want specifics send me a PM, most of them are easy fixes but you can (in theory at least) be prosecuted for some of them. http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/
Post #219923 17th Mar 2013 5:39pm
davew

England 1990 Defender 90 V8 Petrol PU Auto Rioja Red
If you're happy to code it yourself using jquery, there's a simple slideshow here that explains how it works and how to implement it...
http://jonraasch.com/blog/a-simple-jquery-slideshow http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/
Post #219927 17th Mar 2013 5:59pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

davew wrote:
If you want to code it yourself have a look at jquery - it's a javascript library that makes things like slideshows a lot easier to create "manually".

Probably too late now but if you want a simple environment that allows you to install add ons/plugins/galleries/forums etc.. through a simple web interface then Wordpress is a very good option as a site framework. I've used it for everything from large corporate sites to startups for both info sites and e-commerce. It's the first CMS I've provided to customers where the customers do actually create and maintain their own content rather than phoning me every time.

I notice your current site and domain name is in breach of a number of UK, EU and Nominet requirements. You may want to consider looking at sorting those, if you want specifics send me a PM, most of them are easy fixes but you can (in theory at least) be prosecuted for some of them.

Thumbs Up you have a pm fella Mr. Green CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #219928 17th Mar 2013 5:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Killer90
Site Sponsor

All sorted now guys i think Laughing thanks for the advice, i am currently making an animation and will upload it to my site as a .gif Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #219929 17th Mar 2013 6:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1