↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Isn't life funny.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I used to have a Webley too! Lovely guns to fire. Of all the ones I owned though, my absolute favourite was the Beretta 92F Cool Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #216990 7th Mar 2013 7:06pm
Vera

2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Soft Top Santorini Black
Currently have a few shotties as well as the TPG-1 and HK. Beretta 682 Gold, Ultralight and a great old Baikal semi.

Currently also have a Caesar Guerini Maxim Sporting 12g for demo purposes which is absolutely stunning.

http://www.gueriniguns.co.uk/page70.html '09 SVX #200
'10 Morphy Richards.. I mean Prius
Post #217047 7th Mar 2013 10:37pm
scotty38

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Vera wrote:
Currently have a few shotties as well as the TPG-1 and HK. Beretta 682 Gold, Ultralight and a great old Baikal semi.

Currently also have a Caesar Guerini Maxim Sporting 12g for demo purposes which is absolutely stunning.

http://www.gueriniguns.co.uk/page70.html

MK38, 'tis all you need Thumbs Up
Post #217109 8th Mar 2013 11:54am
AndyS

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Sumatra Black
I closed down my company this time last year because I was working my ass off and I figured it didn't matter how much I was earning (even though it wasn't much) it didn't matter if I never got a day off. So that was it, the bank denied me a way to expand and I said feck-it. A lot of people, by coincidence, were falling ill which pushed home the message that there's more to life than work, today was the funeral of one of those people as it happens. I took a year off which I think I really needed, I watched Le Tour, the Olympics and got out and about like never before (all self funded from the sale of the assets) and now I'm freelance which is paying enough for me to settle the bills and have enough over for diesel and beer.

What I think I've learnt is that the oppressive nature of some work really takes it's toll on you, your optimism and outlook is affected and you become a different person because of the wear and tear. Everything is a burden and you shut down to a degree which restricts your options and life experiences. You end up being a machine for work, living and breathing the next job, the unpaid invoice and the next big order. I figured when push comes to shove and I'm laying there weighing up what I did right and what I did wrong, working my nuts off wouldn't matter much unless it was a means to an end in itself. If working that hard gave the family a better life and more options then I might have carried on but it wasn't, it was just a weight on us all.

I cut it loose and I'm glad I did, life is simpler now. With less money for sure but less money with more free time is better than lots of money with no free time.

Good luck Vera, don't let the Censored grind you down.
Post #217225 8th Mar 2013 7:50pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Work to live not live to work

...or something like that Laughing Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #217226 8th Mar 2013 7:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12