↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Hunters, Chester
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
muddybaldboy

Wales 1999 Defender 110 Td5 HT Chawton White
Hunters, Chester
Now i'm the first moan about service if it's poor but I think these guys need a mention. They used to be James Edwards and the servicing/workshop was pants at best. However since being taken over they reeally have got their act together.

My 110 has now had 3 services with them, very smooth and even update info where things like discs and pads were up to(without trying to sell stuff!)

I've had no serious warranty issues, only corrosion on bolt on stuff which they did without question. Windscreen "hinge", headlamp bezels, side steps and bumper.
Credit where it's due. Thumbs Up
Post #210681 12th Feb 2013 12:31pm
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
I've only ever used them for parts and the guys behind the counter are friendly and polite oh and once asked one of the guys in the showroom about the torque needed for the DMF bolts, blank look but she tootled off and came back with the info from the Techie or Mechs.

Nice coffee as well. 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #210700 12th Feb 2013 2:22pm
muddybaldboy

The showroom guys are fairly useless, they dont' know a Land rover from a land mine! Shocked

That's why my last 2 purchases have been from Shukers in Shrewsbury, Dean Bishton, top salesman. Thumbs Up
Post #210727 12th Feb 2013 5:14pm
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
muddybaldboy wrote:
The showroom guys are fairly useless, they dont' know a Land rover from a land mine! Shocked

My experiences have been totally different in that respect! Sales have always been very knowledgeable and friendly, and have made a number of purchases very smooth and easy Very Happy Parts department (seemingly my second home Laughing ) are absolutely fantastic and are always eager to give a good price! An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #210733 12th Feb 2013 5:36pm
muddybaldboy

Inside knowledge of who to speak to Thumbs Up ...

...either that or they think "who's this plonker?" when I arrive?? Rolling Eyes
Post #210734 12th Feb 2013 5:39pm
smb

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I agree, They're a lot better than the old lot when it was James Edwards. Tried to buy a Disco 200tdi from them when it first came out. Salesmans response to my question of how much with all the extras "Can Sir really afford it?". Went to Manchester and bought one the same day. Went back to Chester and parked outside showroom. Salesman couldnt be found and even the parts dept who came out to have a look thought he was a t.ss.r!

Went back to buy the Td5 when it came out as well and guess what, Same salesman, but now a manager!!!! I just turned around and did the same again.... Same Parts dept guys thought he was an ebven bigger toss.r now he had been promoted.

Since being Hunters, their Service Dept. are very helpful and polite!! Parts are still good, but can't say much about the sales other than when I went to buy a Defender 110 they had in the showroom their response to a "best price?" question was "We don't need to discount our cars, Sir" and he then lost interest and moved onto someone else. 10 weeks later the same 110 is still up for sale. Will never try to buy anything from them again.

I'm now on my 8th Landrover....their loss.
Post #210885 13th Feb 2013 10:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1