Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Re: Questions: XS Drivers Seat Re-Trim
lrmaniac wrote:
Martyn wrote:
Usual issue - side bolster flat, sticks in back a little, looking tired.

sorry to hijack the thread, but happened to me yesterday...I was fitting the radio and leaned to the back seat to get a tool and it happened this....

Click image to enlarge

can't this be fixed? Is the only option to re-trim the seat? Shocked ...I'm out of warranty allready ...

I effected a "temporary" repair of a similar defect on my driver's seat about a year and a half ago and it is still going strong.

I simply unfastened the cover and dismantled the seat enough to slide the cover up the seat above the affected area. The foam had split and slid off the metal armature, so I moved it back into place and used a good quality duct tape to hold it back together. Refitted cover, and it was as good as new. It has lasted well too.
Post #202615 17th Jan 2013 5:46pm
lrmaniac

Portugal 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Keswick Green
fekete wrote:
Just go on YouTube exmore trim seat retrim and they have a video on how to do it

Shocked ...

I've been struggling for the past hour with my seat....unziped that plastic bit at the bottom, removed the head rest and it's fixings, and thought that could easily remove the back foam and cover and just leave the seat frame in sight...

couldn't Big Cry ...there must be some hidden spring/clip whatever preventing me from removing the back

going to check that video now!

Edit: Just checked that video... Confused that latch he removes almost at the top, we must have one almost at the bottom of the base also...that must be what's preventing me to remove the cover... But I have a feeling that after I remove the cover and fix the foam, the cover wont be in very good shape to put it back on Neutral as it has some hard cord/wire in the front that will be bended whwn I remove it ... now it's dark, will check tomorrow. Regards
Joao

'10 Land Rover Defender 110 CC
'08 BMW F800GS
'64 SIIA Forward Control
'69 SIIA 109 ZA CKD
Post #202629 17th Jan 2013 6:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12