↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > webasto fuel tap anyone ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
tatra805

Slovakia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
I dont have part numbers but it is a standard pickup tube from webasto itself.
Each webasto truck center should have them on the shelves as most commonly used.

The tube is a 60mm piece of alu or stainless, drill hole, fit pickuptube and ready.

Smile
Post #141444 24th Apr 2012 7:26pm
pom

tatra805 wrote:
Pom, the schematics of the puma fuel system are out here somewhere on the forum.

You have 2 loops
1 between filter/cooler/pump
1 between filter and tank

You are half right saying there is no pressure but only in the second loop.

The first loop is always under pressure, also the return to the filter. This is where people plug in the T as it is the nearest position to the webasto water heater. But it can become a problem once the webasto in-line pump starts leaking and fills the webasto with fuel. + getting air in this side is problematic.

If you plug into the second loop, you can as well go to the tank directly as you are that close to the tank already.
If you T-off into this return line you will suck dry air if not on a full tank as the pipe does not go deep enough.
If you T-off in the suction line you risk again that the webasto pump will not seal off one day and the puma fuelpump will start sucking air trough the webasto. As the puma fuelpump is not self-priming it is a bad idea to my opinion to disturb this fuel line.

2cents

Smile

This is not relevant to a webasto. It has to be fed directly from the tank, not spliced into the existing feed. Hence it has its own electronically controlled pump.

Pom
Post #141546 25th Apr 2012 8:45am
cobs

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Cairns Blue
bpman - have sent you a PM
Post #141554 25th Apr 2012 9:45am
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
pom wrote:
tatra805 wrote:
Pom, the schematics of the puma fuel system are out here somewhere on the forum.

You have 2 loops
1 between filter/cooler/pump
1 between filter and tank

You are half right saying there is no pressure but only in the second loop.

The first loop is always under pressure, also the return to the filter. This is where people plug in the T as it is the nearest position to the webasto water heater. But it can become a problem once the webasto in-line pump starts leaking and fills the webasto with fuel. + getting air in this side is problematic.

If you plug into the second loop, you can as well go to the tank directly as you are that close to the tank already.
If you T-off into this return line you will suck dry air if not on a full tank as the pipe does not go deep enough.
If you T-off in the suction line you risk again that the webasto pump will not seal off one day and the puma fuelpump will start sucking air trough the webasto. As the puma fuelpump is not self-priming it is a bad idea to my opinion to disturb this fuel line.

2cents

Smile

This is not relevant to a webasto. It has to be fed directly from the tank, not spliced into the existing feed. Hence it has its own electronically controlled pump.

Pom

sorry Pom the webasto kits come with a plastic "T" to splice into the fuel lines. Both the Land Rover and Webasto land rover instructions show the "T" being used. But like Tatra805 says, it puts alot of pressure on the webasto pump and possibly the heater unit.
Post #141555 25th Apr 2012 9:45am
LRSoffroad

England 
bpman webasto has spent ££££ in development and the instructions I have and Ian, are from Germany webesto but was developed and fitted by a mate of mine here in Doncaster that is now head of military fitting and development for the whole webasto group so any problems they have with feed etc. would have been and have been tested but any questions pm me and I will put them Straight to the horse’s mouth, so to say Thumbs Up
Post #141664 25th Apr 2012 5:39pm
bpman

cheers Derrick, I will see you at the farm in May, I will also bring the Swiss LHD webasto mounting kit up for you to see. I'm not going to fit it until we move house and I'm going to do a "drop the tank" installation.
Post #141685 25th Apr 2012 6:43pm
LRSoffroad

England 
no probs Bpman see you there , are you putting a drop pipe in the tank as in the photos??
Post #141711 25th Apr 2012 7:46pm
bpman

LRSoffroad wrote:
no probs Bpman see you there , are you putting a drop pipe in the tank as in the photos??

hi Derrick

You have an email Thumbs Up

cheers
steve
Post #141717 25th Apr 2012 8:07pm
monty.shadsworth

2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Blenheim Silver
puma 2.4 fuel return line broken
hi all. ive got a split fuel return line issue. its gone on the 3rd injector nossel conector point. snapped clean off. cant go back on. any ideas on repair and or were to get a replacement. ie searched nett and ebay to end. just a wippet from shadsworth
Post #190195 1st Dec 2012 11:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12