↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Events > Abenteuer & Allrad Show, Germany 30 May-02 June 2013
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tom Mc

United Kingdom 
Abenteuer & Allrad Show, Germany 30 May-02 June 2013
Looking ahead to the 4x4 shows next year …

Is anyone planning on going to the Abenteuer & Allrad (Adventure Wheel) Show, Germany 30 May-02 June 2013? Billed as the biggest off-road show in Europe, it’s a claim that can’t be denied … it’s BIG!!! See www.abenteuer-allrad.de The English version can be found by clicking the ‘Besucher’ tab in the menu, then ‘For Foreign Visitors’.

I ask because I intend attending myself. However, there is a problem. This is also the weekend of the HUBB UK event at Donington, Leicestershire ( www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/hubbuk ) where I have a promotional pitch for my ADVENTURE OVERLAND show at Stratford Racecourse, Warwickshire in September– www.adventureoverlandshow.com. Decisions decisions!

This being the case, I intend spending Thursday at HUBB UK, then, leaving the stand in the capable hands of friends, I will fly out from East Midlands airport (which is virtually next door) on Fri 31 May to Frankfurt, collect a hire car, then on to the show. I shall return Mon 03 June to collect my marquee from HUBB UK. Back in June this year I flew over and hired a car, it worked out fine. I only had hand luggage which contained a lightweight tent, sleeping bag, change of clothes and toiletries!

So ... does anybody fancy joining me? We can share the cost of the hire car/fuel.

The itinerary:-

The return flights cost £96 incl. taxes.

Depart East Midlands 06:35 Fri 31 May 2013 (no stops) – 1hr 45m
Arrive Frankfurt 09:20 31 May 2013 (no stops)

Depart Frankfurt 15:20 Mon 03 June 2013 (no stops) – 1hr 40m
Arrive East Midlands 16:00 Mon 03 June 2013 (no stops)

Hire car costing between £96 - £131 depending on size (a Compact just for me, Midsize for 4 persons)
Fuel Frankfurt Airport – Bad Kissingen, 200 miles return – approx. £50
3 nights camping at Abenteuer & Allrad Show @ 10 euros per car per night x 3 nights = 30 euros/£25
3 days admission to Abenteuer & Allrad Show – 20 euros/£17

In a nutshell …

131.00 hire car
50.00 fuel
25.00 camping

= £206 divided between 2, 3 or 4 persons

+

£96.00 return flight per person
£17.00 3-day admission per person

+
vast quantities of beer … naturally!!! Wink
Post #188329 25th Nov 2012 8:40pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
count me in for the overland show for 2013 Tom, sorry about this year but already had plans for the london to brighton run and didnt realise it clashed Big Cry how was it anyways was it a good turn out Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #188349 25th Nov 2012 9:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tom Mc

United Kingdom 
Mega!!! Loads on the forum here turned up, I'll let them tell you as I may just be a little biased. Whistle

Put it this way, it outgrew the venue before the first show was even over, so ever since I've been trying to find a new home for it. I succeeded - Stratford Racecourse. You’ll be impressed mate. Here’s not the place to talk shop, so I’ll email you ASAP with the details.
Post #188357 25th Nov 2012 9:56pm
shazzy90

tom i will be going to the show in germany,i will be getting ferry from newcastle the week before the show .iwll be looking around holland,germany,and prauge,for 5-6 days,arriving at the show on the friday and leaving on the sunday,it is a good idea you have to travel with someone,and i would have joined you if i did not already have plans,but as i will be with my car and equipment you are more than welcome to camp with me and use my facilities,i could also take a oztent with me,for you to use the car usally has spare camping chairs,air beds,ect so you could use these,please pm me if i can help you ,
Post #188376 25th Nov 2012 10:33pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

Tom Mc wrote:
Mega!!! Loads on the forum here turned up, I'll let them tell you as I may just be a little biased. Whistle

Put it this way, it outgrew the venue before the first show was even over, so ever since I've been trying to find a new home for it. I succeeded - Stratford Racecourse. You’ll be impressed mate. Here’s not the place to talk shop, so I’ll email you ASAP with the details.

look forward to the email mate and the new venue Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #188379 25th Nov 2012 10:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tom Mc

United Kingdom 
shazzy90 wrote:
tom i will be going to the show in germany,i will be getting ferry from newcastle the week before the show .iwll be looking around holland,germany,and prauge,for 5-6 days,arriving at the show on the friday and leaving on the sunday,it is a good idea you have to travel with someone,and i would have joined you if i did not already have plans,but as i will be with my car and equipment you are more than welcome to camp with me and use my facilities,i could also take a oztent with me,for you to use the car usally has spare camping chairs,air beds,ect so you could use these,please pm me if i can help you ,

That's good of you! Give me a couple of days and I'll definitely PM you. CHEERS!!! Thumbs Up
Post #188404 26th Nov 2012 4:19am
Steve B

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
Hello Tom,

I am considering going, I actually bumped into one of the organisers in Namibia this August!!

Not sure whether to drive though.

Killer, it was bloody brilliant. Very diverse and lots of interesting people there.

Steve 
Post #189370 28th Nov 2012 10:46pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

ere weres my email Tom Laughing Laughing CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #189378 28th Nov 2012 11:07pm
Tom Mc

United Kingdom 
Have a think about it Steve and let me know. Probably book the flights in 2 weeks time ... about 14th Dec.

Killer90 - can't send you an email until I've been on site again for another measure up of the showground area. Booked for Monday, so will probably email Tuesday or latest Wednesday. Patience!
Post #189956 1st Dec 2012 12:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1