↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Events > Billing LR show, fast approaching
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
d j hutton

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Cheers Stanley, a good choice Id say Thumbs Up I saw a couple of westover wheel covers up there as well but didn't get to see the drivers. Hope you had a good trip up there.

Dj 1989 200tdi 90 csw
2011 110 usw Orkney grey

Buy British 🇬🇧

Defender Clothing Designs available at http://www.rangesports.com/acatalog/Defender-Stuff.html
Post #162016 15th Aug 2012 12:18am
SimonR

United Kingdom 
I thought this Billing was one of the nicest I've been to. It was my 20th consecutive Billing Show and cannot remember one I enjoyed as much.

The fact that it was down on numbers meant I had more time to chat to people (which is actually the bit I like best!). The weather certainly helped as it was the first largely dry Billing in about a Decade! But the show had a good, friendly feel about it - and a lot of people have commented on similar lines. I don't quite understand how or why - but I wish they could bottle it for next year!

I heard that Live Events had a contract to run it for 3 Years which is now up - so it may be that next year it will be organised by someone else? I don't think Live did a particularly good job over their handling of the postponement - but I guess that's easy to say when I didn't have to organise it!

My favorite show (for me personally, rather than from a commercial point of view) is always Peterborough! It is much more Club-centric and is very friendly! Clubs like the Tomb Raiders made us very welcome - and even fed us chips! Last year, I couldn't go due to a slight incident with an electric disk sander - but I'll be there this year for certain! I guess Billing this year felt more like Peterborough - perhaps that's why I liked it!

Si
Post #162031 15th Aug 2012 8:05am
Nobby

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Santorini Black
Hi my first Billing show, not what I expected, I've only been to Peterborough before. However I enjoyed it and will go again. Met Gary from Alive, manged to talk to him, as expected he was in demand. Everything posted is true a he's real gent, just need to get my missing Defender to send to him, not ready until Friday now!
The better half has decided that as I am having a nearly new LR she can have the other one Big Cry , not sure if after buying Noise Killer and Carpets I'm winning?
Post #162173 15th Aug 2012 7:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456